The Cleveland Cavaliers (21-48) will attempt to stop an 11-game losing streak when they host the Boston Celtics (35-34) at 8:00 PM ET on Wednesday, May 12, 2021 as 10-point underdogs. The Celtics have lost three games in a row. The matchup has a point total of 220.
The betting insights in this article reflect data from DraftKings sportsbook as of May 12, 2021, 12:05 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Celtics vs Cavaliers Betting Odds
Injury Report as of May 12
Jaylen Brown: Out For Season (Wrist),
Robert Williams III: Day To Day (Foot)
Darius Garland: Out (Ankle),
Cedi Osman: Day To Day (Ankle),
Lamar Stevens: Out (Concussion),
Isaiah Hartenstein: Out (Head),
Dylan Windler: Out For Season (Knee),
Matthew Dellavedova: Out For Season (Neck),
Larry Nance Jr.: Out (Thumb),
Taurean Prince: Out For Season (Ankle)
|Spread Pick||Cavaliers (+10)|
|Total Pick||Over (220)|
|Prediction||Celtics 114, Cavaliers 107|
The model and DraftKings both have the Celtics taking home the victory, but the model has them winning by slightly less (7.1 points). Lean towards taking the Cavaliers.
The model’s predicted total (220.3 points) and the DraftKings set total (220 points) are virtually the same for this contest.
Celtics Key Players
Celtics Player Props
- Jayson Tatum’s PRA prop total for the game is set at 45.5, 7.4 higher than his season average of 38.1.
- Tristan Thompson’s rebounding prop over/under for the contest is posted at 9.5 rebounds, 1.3 rebounds greater than his season average of 8.2.
- Kemba Walker’s three pointers made prop over/under for the contest is set at 4.5, 1.5 shots higher than his season average of 3.0.
- Robert Williams III’s blocks prop total for the game is set at 0.5, 1.3 blocks lower than his season average of 1.8.
Cavaliers Key Players
Cavaliers Player Props
- Collin Sexton’s PRA prop over/under for the contest is set at 37.5, 5.6 greater than his season average of 31.9.
- Darius Garland’s PRA prop total for the game is set at 39.5, 13.2 higher than his season average of 26.3.
- Kevin Love’s three pointers made prop over/under for the game is set at 2.5, 0.4 shots greater than his season average of 2.1.
- Jarrett Allen’s blocks prop total for the game is set at 1.5, equal to his season average of 1.5.
- This season, the Celtics have a 46.9% shooting percentage from the field, which is 1.7% lower than the 48.6% of shots the Cavaliers’ opponents have hit.
- In games Boston shoots better than 48.6% from the field, it is 16-7 against the spread and 17-6 overall.
- Cleveland is 16-11 against the spread and 17-10 overall when allowing opponents to shoot higher than 46.9% from the field.
- The Cavaliers’ 45% shooting percentage from the field this season is 1.6 percentage points lower than the Celtics have allowed to their opponents (46.6%).
- Cleveland is 17-8 against the spread and 15-10 overall when it shoots higher than 46.6% from the field.
- This season, Boston has a 19-7 record against the spread and a 19-7 straight up record when it allows opponents to shoot greater than 45% from the field.
- The Celtics are hitting 37.6% of their three-point shots this season, 0.7% lower than the 38.3% the Cavaliers allow opponents to shoot from deep.
- Boston has put together a 22-14 record against the spread and a 24-12 straight-up record in games this season when the team makes more than 38.3% of its three-point shots.
- Cleveland is 21-15 against the spread while putting up an 18-18 straight-up record when its opponents shoot over 37.6% from beyond the arc.
- The Cavaliers are making 33.8% of their shots from beyond the arc, which is 3.9 percentage points fewer than the 37.7% the Celtics’ opponents are averaging on the season.
- Cleveland has a 15-8 ATS record and is 13-10 straight-up when the team makes more than 37.7% of its three-point attempts.
- Boston is 17-9 ATS and 17-9 overall in games it shoots over 33.8% from deep.
- The Celtics knock down 13.6 three-pointers per game this season, 3.6 more makes per game than the Cavaliers give up (10).
- Boston has gone 22-13 against the spread and 23-12 overall this season in games it has out-shot its opponents from the three-point line. When Cleveland makes fewer threes than its opponents, it is 8-35 ATS and 8-35 straight up.
- The Cavaliers rank last in the NBA in made three-pointers, while the Celtics give up the 20th-fewest made threes in the league.
Celtics vs Cavaliers Stat Rankings
|Celtics Rank||Celtics AVG||Cavaliers AVG||Cavaliers Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from