Anthony Davis leads the Los Angeles Lakers (38-30) into a matchup with the New York Knicks (38-30) after putting up 42 points in a 123-110 win over the Suns. The Lakers are 5.5-point favorites in the matchup on Tuesday, May 11, 2021, which tips off at 10:00 PM ET on SportsNet LA. The over/under for the matchup is 213.5.
The betting insights in this article reflect data from William Hill sportsbook as of May 11, 2021, 11:55 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Lakers vs Knicks Betting Odds
Injury Report as of May 11
LeBron James: Day To Day (Ankle),
Jared Dudley: Out (Knee),
Marc Gasol: Day To Day (Finger),
Anthony Davis: Day To Day (Calf),
Kyle Kuzma: Day To Day (Lower Back),
Dennis Schroder: Out (Calf)
Mitchell Robinson: Out (Ankle),
Alec Burks: Day To Day (Knee),
Immanuel Quickley: Day To Day (Ankle)
|Spread Pick||Knicks (+5.5)|
|Total Pick||Over (213.5)|
|Prediction||Lakers 108, Knicks 106|
The spread for this matchup suggested by the model (2.5 points) is much tighter than the 5.5-point edge William Hill gives to the Lakers, though the data still has them as the favorite. Put your money on the Knicks to cover.
William Hill and the model are extremely close in their point total projections for this game, within 0.6 points of each other.
Lakers Key Players
Lakers Player Props
- LeBron James’ points prop total for the game is set at 16.5, 8.5 points less than his season average of 25.0.
- Andre Drummond’s rebounding prop over/under for the game is set at 11.5 boards, 0.3 rebounds less than his season average of 11.8.
- James’ three pointers made prop total for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.8 shots lower than his season average of 2.3.
- Drummond’s steals prop total for the contest is set at 1.5, equal to his season average of 1.5.
Knicks Key Players
Knicks Player Props
- Julius Randle’s assists prop over/under for the game is set at 4.5 assists, 1.4 less than his season average of 5.9.
- Reggie Bullock’s three pointers made prop over/under for the game is set at 3.5, 1.0 shot greater than his season average of 2.5.
- Nerlens Noel’s steals prop total for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.4 steals higher than his season average of 1.1.
- The Lakers make 47.1% of their shots from the field this season, which is 2.9 percentage points higher than the Knicks have allowed to their opponents (44.2%).
- Los Angeles has a 27-18 record against the spread and a 30-15 straight-up record in games it shoots better than 44.2% from the field.
- New York has a 36-14 record against the spread and a 31-19 record overall when allowing its opponents to make more than 47.1% of their shots from the field.
- The Knicks are shooting 45.7% from the field, 0.2% lower than the 45.9% the Lakers’ opponents have shot this season.
- This season, New York has a 30-6 record against the spread and a 29-7 record overall in games the team collectively shoots higher than 45.9% from the field.
- When Los Angeles’ opponents shoot greater than 45.7% from the field, it is 20-8 against the spread and 23-5 overall.
- The Lakers are knocking down 35.3% of their three-point shots this season, 1.4% higher than the 33.9% the Knicks allow opponents to shoot from deep.
- Los Angeles has collected a 23-11 record against the spread and a 23-11 straight-up record in games this season when the team knocks down more than 33.9% of its three-point attempts.
- New York is 28-13 against the spread and 27-14 overall when its opponents shoot better than 35.3% from deep.
- The Knicks shoot 39% from three-point distance this season. That’s 3.8 percentage points higher than the Lakers have allowed their opponents to shoot from deep (35.2%).
- New York has a 35-12 ATS record and is 30-17 straight-up when the team makes more than 35.2% of its three-point attempts.
- Los Angeles is 24-23 ATS and 31-16 overall in games it shoots over 39% from deep.
- The Lakers’ 11.1 made three-pointers per game this season are only 0.6 fewer made shots on average than the 11.7 per game the Knicks give up.
- New York has gone 25-4 against the spread and 23-6 overall this season in games it has out-shot its opponents from the three-point line. When Los Angeles hits fewer threes than its opponents, it is 10-24 ATS and 12-22 straight up.
- The Knicks rank 21st in the NBA in made three-pointers, while the Lakers give up the third-fewest made threes in the league.
Lakers vs Knicks Stat Rankings
|Lakers Rank||Lakers AVG||Knicks AVG||Knicks Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from