A pair of division rivals take to the field on Tuesday when the second-place San Diego Padres (19-16) visit the fifth-place Colorado Rockies (12-22). Sportsbooks favor the Padres (-205) for the contest, which starts at 8:40 PM ET on SportsNet RM. Colorado has not named a starter for this contest, while San Diego is expected to send Dinelson Lamet to the mound.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of May 11, 2021, 2:00 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to place a bet at DraftKings.
Padres vs Rockies Betting Lines
Padres Betting Insights
- This season, the Padres have been favored 27 times and won 15, or 55.6%, of those games.
- San Diego has a record of 5-5 in games where bookmakers favor them by at least -205 on the moneyline.
- The implied probability of a win from the Padres, based on the moneyline, is 64.5%.
- The Padres and their opponents have combined to hit the over six times in their last 10 games with a total.
Padres Last 10 Games Trend
|Runs Per Game||4.5|
Rockies Betting Insights
- The Rockies have been chosen as underdogs in 27 games this year and have walked away with the win seven times (25.9%) in those games.
- This year, Colorado has won two of nine games when listed as at least +170 or worse on the moneyline.
- The Rockies have an implied victory probability of 35.5% according to the moneyline set for this matchup.
- In their previous 10 games with a total, the Rockies and their opponents have combined to clear the over/under on seven occasions.
Rockies Last 10 Games Trend
|Runs Per Game||4.9|
Padres Hitting Splits
|vs LHP (Starters)||4-2|
|vs RHP (Starters)||15-14|
Padres Probable Pitcher – Dinelson Lamet
- The Padres’ Lamet will make his third start of the season.
- The right-hander’s last appearance was on Wednesday, when he threw two scoreless innings while allowing four hits against the Pirates.
- His team is 0-2 this season when he starts and they’re favored on the moneyline.
Pitchers reflected above are based on projections as of May 11, 2021 at 2:07 AM ET and may not be the pitchers at game time.
Rockies Hitting Splits
|vs LHP (Starters)||4-4|
|vs RHP (Starters)||8-18|
Padres Hitting Stats
- The Padres average one home run per game to rank 23rd in MLB action with 34 total home runs .
- The Padres have put up two or more dingers in nine games this season, and are 7-2 in those outings.
- San Diego has hit 10 home runs during the last 10 games.
- Eric Hosmer is batting .307 with 20 RBI, both of which lead San Diego hitters this season.
- Trent Grisham is batting .293 with an OBP of .369 and a slugging percentage of .515 this season.
Rockies Hitting Stats
- The Rockies have hit 36 homers this season, which ranks 22nd in the league.
- They have averaged 1.5 home runs per game in their 18 home contests this season.
- Over the last 10 games, Colorado has hit six home runs.
- Raimel Tapia has racked up a team-best batting average of .314.
- Trevor Story is batting .285 with 10 doubles, two triples, four home runs and 12 walks.
Moneyline Pick: Rockies (+170)
Over/Under Pick: Over (9)
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm derived from offensive performance metrics and probable starting pitchers.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from