The Cleveland Cavaliers (21-45) are heavy underdogs (-10.5) as they look to stop a five-game road losing streak when they visit the Dallas Mavericks (38-28) on Friday, May 7, 2021 at American Airlines Center. The game airs at 8:30 PM ET on BSSW. The matchup has a point total of 221.
The betting insights in this article reflect data from DraftKings sportsbook as of May 7, 2021, 7:05 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Mavericks vs Cavaliers Betting Odds
Injury Report as of May 7
Tyrell Terry: Out (Personal),
Kristaps Porzingis: Out (Knee),
Maxi Kleber: Out (Achilles)
Darius Garland: Out (Ankle),
Lamar Stevens: Day To Day (Concussion),
Dylan Windler: Out For Season (Knee),
Matthew Dellavedova: Out For Season (Neck),
Larry Nance Jr.: Out (Thumb),
Taurean Prince: Out For Season (Ankle)
|Spread Pick||Mavericks (-10.5)|
|Total Pick||Under (221)|
|Prediction||Mavericks 117, Cavaliers 102|
The DraftKings line for this game has the Mavericks favored by 10.5, while the model predicts they’ll win by considerably more (14.4 points). Put your money on the Mavericks.
The DraftKings point total for this game is just 1.8 points highter than the model projection.
Mavericks Key Players
|Tim Hardaway Jr.||64||16.4||3.4||1.7||0.4||0.2||2.9|
Mavericks Player Props
- Luka Doncic’s assists prop total for the contest is listed at 8.5 assists, 0.4 assists less than his season average of 8.9.
- Kristaps Porzingis’ rebounding prop over/under for the game is listed at 10.5 boards, 1.4 rebounds greater than his season average of 9.1.
- Doncic’s three pointers made prop total for the contest is set at 2.5, 0.5 shots lower than his season average of 3.0.
- Porzingis’ blocks prop total for the game is set at 0.5, 0.9 blocks lower than his season average of 1.4.
Cavaliers Key Players
Cavaliers Player Props
- Collin Sexton’s points prop total for the game is set at 26.5, 2.2 points higher than his season average of 24.3.
- Darius Garland’s PRA prop total for the contest is set at 39.5, 13.2 greater than his season average of 26.3.
- Kevin Love’s three pointers made prop over/under for the game is set at 1.5, 0.7 shots less than his season average of 2.2.
- Larry Nance Jr.’s steals prop over/under for the game is set at 1.5, 0.2 steals lower than his season average of 1.7.
- This season, the Mavericks have a 47% shooting percentage from the field, which is 1.4% lower than the 48.4% of shots the Cavaliers’ opponents have knocked down.
- In games Dallas shoots better than 48.4% from the field, it is 17-12 against the spread and 23-6 overall.
- Cleveland has a 16-11 record against the spread and a 17-10 record overall when allowing its opponents to hit more than 47% of their shots from the field.
- The Cavaliers’ 45.3% shooting percentage from the field this season is 0.7 percentage points lower than the Mavericks have allowed to their opponents (46%).
- This season, Cleveland has an 18-10 record against the spread and a 15-13 record overall in games the team collectively shoots above 46% from the field.
- This season, Dallas has a 23-5 record against the spread and a 22-6 straight up record when it allows opponents to shoot above 45.3% from the field.
- The Mavericks are knocking down 36.2% of their three-point shots this season, 2.2% lower than the 38.4% the Cavaliers allow opponents to shoot from deep.
- Dallas has a 16-8 record against the spread and a 19-5 record overall when the team connects on more than 38.4% of its three-point shots.
- Cleveland is 18-9 against the spread while putting together a 15-12 straight-up record when its opponents shoot over 36.2% from downtown.
- The Cavaliers’ three-point shooting percentage this season (34%) is 2.6 percentage points lower than opponents of the Mavericks are averaging (36.6%).
- Cleveland is 15-9 ATS and 13-11 overall when the team hits more than 36.6% of its three-point attempts.
- Dallas has an 18-2 ATS record and a 19-1 straight-up record in games this season it has shot better than 34% from three-point range.
- The Mavericks hit 13.8 three-pointers per game this season, 3.8 more makes per game than the Cavaliers allow (10).
- Dallas has gone 25-10 against the spread and 28-7 overall this season in games it has out-shot its opponents from the three-point line. When Cleveland hits fewer threes than its opponents, it is 8-33 ATS and 8-33 straight up.
- The Cavaliers make the fewest three-pointers in the league, while the Mavericks allow the 20th-fewest makes from beyond the arc.
Mavericks vs Cavaliers Stat Rankings
|Mavericks Rank||Mavericks AVG||Cavaliers AVG||Cavaliers Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from