The Phoenix Suns (46-18) visit the Cleveland Cavaliers (21-43) as double-digit, 13-point favorites after Devin Booker scored 32 points in the Suns’ 123-120 victory over the Thunder. The matchup airs on BSOH at 7:00 PM ET on Tuesday, May 4, 2021. The point total in the matchup is set at 219.
The betting insights in this article reflect data from DraftKings sportsbook as of May 4, 2021, 7:05 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Suns vs Cavaliers Betting Odds
Injury Report as of May 4
Cameron Payne: Day To Day (Knee),
Jae Crowder: Out (Ankle),
Abdel Nader: Out (Knee)
Darius Garland: Out (Ankle),
Lamar Stevens: Out (Concussion),
Dylan Windler: Out For Season (Knee),
Matthew Dellavedova: Out For Season (Neck),
Larry Nance Jr.: Out (Thumb),
Taurean Prince: Out For Season (Ankle),
Isaiah Hartenstein: Out (Concussion)
|Spread Pick||Cavaliers (+13)|
|Total Pick||Over (219)|
|Prediction||Suns 116, Cavaliers 104|
The spread for this game suggested by the model (11.9 points) is a little tighter than the 13-point edge DraftKings gives to the Suns, though the data still has them as the favorite.
The model’s predicted total (219.1 points) and the DraftKings set total (219 points) are virtually the same for this contest.
Suns Key Players
Suns Player Props
- Booker’s points prop over/under for the contest is set at 27.5, 1.9 points greater than his season average of 25.6.
- Chris Paul’s PRA prop total for the game is set at 31.5, 2.0 higher than his season average of 29.5.
- Jae Crowder’s three pointers made prop over/under for the game is set at 2.5, 0.1 shots greater than his season average of 2.4.
- Deandre Ayton’s blocks prop total for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.4 blocks higher than his season average of 1.1.
Cavaliers Key Players
Cavaliers Player Props
- Collin Sexton’s PRA prop over/under for the game is set at 42.5, 10.8 greater than his season average of 31.7.
- Jarrett Allen’s rebounding prop over/under for the game is set at 10.5 rebounds, 0.5 rebounds higher than his season average of 10.0.
- Kevin Love’s three pointers made prop over/under for the contest is set at 2.5, 0.4 shots greater than his season average of 2.1.
- Allen’s blocks prop over/under for the game is set at 0.5, 1.0 block lower than his season average of 1.5.
- This season, the Suns have a 48.9% shooting percentage from the field, which is 0.7% higher than the 48.2% of shots the Cavaliers’ opponents have hit.
- Phoenix is 27-10 against the spread and 31-6 overall when it shoots higher than 48.2% from the field.
- Cleveland has a 19-17 record against the spread and a 19-17 record overall when allowing its opponents to knock down more than 48.9% of their shots from the field.
- The Cavaliers are shooting 45.4% from the field, 0.8% lower than the 46.2% the Suns’ opponents have shot this season.
- This season, Cleveland has an 18-10 record against the spread and a 15-13 record overall in games the team collectively shoots over 46.2% from the field.
- Phoenix is 20-7-1 against the spread and 23-5 overall in games it allows opponents to shoot over 45.4% from the field.
- The Suns shoot 37.3% from beyond the arc, 0.9% lower than the 38.2% the Cavaliers allow to opponents.
- Phoenix has assembled a 21-9 record against the spread and a 25-5 straight-up record in games this season when the team makes more than 38.2% of its three-point attempts.
- Cleveland has put up a 21-14 against the spread while going 18-17 overall in games this season when its opponents shoot better than 37.3% from downtown.
- The Cavaliers shoot 33.8% from beyond the arc this season. That’s 1.5 percentage points lower than the Suns have allowed their opponents to shoot from deep (35.3%).
- Cleveland has a 16-9 ATS record and is 14-11 straight-up when the team makes more than 35.3% of its three-point attempts.
- Phoenix has a 17-7-1 ATS record and a 20-5 straight-up record in games this season it has shot better than 33.8% from three-point distance.
- The Suns make 13 three-pointers per game this season, 3.1 more made shots on average than the 9.9 per game the Cavaliers allow.
- Phoenix has gone 26-9 against the spread and 28-7 overall this season in games it has out-shot its opponents from the three-point line. When Cleveland hits fewer three-pointers than its opponents, it is 8-32 ATS and 8-32 straight up.
- The Suns are the 13th-best three-point shooting team in the NBA, while the Cavaliers give up the 12th-fewest makes from deep.
Suns vs Cavaliers Stat Rankings
|Suns Rank||Suns AVG||Cavaliers AVG||Cavaliers Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from