The Cleveland Cavaliers (21-42) will attempt to end a five-game losing streak when they host the Miami Heat (33-30) on Saturday, May 1, 2021 at Rocket Mortgage Fieldhouse as big, 11-point underdogs. The matchup airs at 8:00 PM ET on BSOH. The matchup has an over/under of 208.5.
The betting insights in this article reflect data from DraftKings sportsbook as of May 1, 2021, 7:05 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Heat vs Cavaliers Betting Odds
Injury Report as of May 1
Victor Oladipo: Out (Knee),
Tyler Herro: Out (Foot)
Darius Garland: Day To Day (Ankle),
Lamar Stevens: Out (Concussion),
Dylan Windler: Out (Knee),
Matthew Dellavedova: Out (Neck),
Larry Nance Jr.: Out (Thumb),
Taurean Prince: Out For Season (Ankle),
Isaiah Hartenstein: Out (Concussion)
|Spread Pick||Cavaliers (+11)|
|Total Pick||Over (208.5)|
|Prediction||Heat 109, Cavaliers 105|
The Heat are favored by both DraftKings and the model, but the model has them winning by significantly less (11 to 4.6 points). Take the Cavaliers and the points.
In this matchup, the model projects a total (214.3 points) marginally higher than the DraftKings over/under (208.5 points).
Heat Key Players
Heat Player Props
- Jimmy Butler’s PRA prop total for the game is set at 33.5, 2.5 lower than his season average of 36.0.
- Bam Adebayo’s rebounding prop total for the matchup is listed at 8.5 boards, 0.6 rebounds less than his season average of 9.1.
- Duncan Robinson’s three pointers made prop total for the game is set at 4.5, 1.1 shots greater than his season average of 3.4.
- Adebayo’s blocks prop over/under for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.4 blocks higher than his season average of 1.1.
Cavaliers Key Players
Cavaliers Player Props
- Collin Sexton’s points prop over/under for the contest is set at 23.5, 0.9 points lower than his season average of 24.4.
- Jarrett Allen’s PRA prop total for the contest is set at 24.5, 0.3 less than his season average of 24.8.
- Darius Garland’s three pointers made prop total for the contest is set at 2.5, 0.5 shots higher than his season average of 2.0.
- Larry Nance Jr.’s steals prop over/under for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.2 steals lower than his season average of 1.7.
- The Heat are shooting 46.1% from the field this season, two percentage points lower than the 48.1% the Cavaliers allow to opponents.
- In games Miami shoots higher than 48.1% from the field, it is 14-10 against the spread and 16-8 overall.
- Cleveland has a 16-8 record against the spread and a 17-7 record overall when allowing its opponents to knock down more than 46.1% of their shots from the field.
- The Cavaliers’ 45.3% shooting percentage from the field this season is -0.1 percentage points lower than the Heat have allowed to their opponents (45.2%).
- Cleveland is 21-12 against the spread and 18-15 overall when it shoots better than 45.2% from the field.
- This season, Miami has a 19-14 record against the spread and a 24-9 straight up record when it allows opponents to shoot over 45.3% from the field.
- The Heat are hitting 34.8% of their three-point shots this season, 3.2% lower than the 38% the Cavaliers allow opponents to shoot from deep.
- Miami is 12-10 against the spread and 15-7 overall when it shoots better than 38% from distance.
- Cleveland is 13-8 against the spread while putting up a 10-11 straight-up record when its opponents shoot above 34.8% from beyond the arc.
- The Cavaliers shoot 33.4% from beyond the arc this season. That’s 2.7 percentage points lower than the Heat have allowed their opponents to shoot from deep (36.1%).
- Cleveland is 15-7 against the spread and 13-9 overall when shooting above 36.1% as a team from three-point range.
- Miami has a 17-8 ATS record and a 17-8 straight-up record this season when it hits more than 33.4% of its three-point shots.
- The Heat connect on 12.6 three-pointers per game this season, 2.9 more makes per game than the Cavaliers give up (9.7).
- Miami is 11-5 against the spread and 14-2 overall when it connects on more threes than its opponents, while Cleveland is 8-32 ATS and 8-32 straight up in games when it is out-shot from deep.
- The Heat rank 15th in the NBA in made three-pointers, while the Cavaliers give up the 12th-fewest made threes in the league.
Heat vs Cavaliers Stat Rankings
|Heat Rank||Heat AVG||Cavaliers AVG||Cavaliers Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from