The Orlando Magic (19-44) are heavy underdogs (by 10.5 points) to break a nine-game home losing streak when they host the Memphis Grizzlies (32-30) on Saturday, May 1, 2021 at 8:00 PM ET. The over/under in the matchup is set at 224.
The betting insights in this article reflect data from DraftKings sportsbook as of May 1, 2021, 7:05 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Grizzlies vs Magic Betting Odds
Injury Report as of May 1
Jaren Jackson Jr.: Out (Injury Management),
Grayson Allen: Out (Hand)
Jonathan Isaac: Out For Season (Knee),
Terrence Ross: Out (Back),
Otto Porter Jr.: Out (Foot),
Devin Cannady: Out For Season (Ankle),
Chuma Okeke: Out (Ankle),
Markelle Fultz: Out For Season (Knee),
Michael Carter-Williams: Out (Ankle)
|Spread Pick||Magic (+10.5)|
|Total Pick||Under (224)|
|Prediction||Grizzlies 114, Magic 107|
The model favors the Grizzlies by 7.1 points, a much smaller margin than the 10.5-point spread set by DraftKings. Take the Magic to cover.
The model predicts a total 2.2 points lower than the one set by DraftKings for this matchup.
Grizzlies Key Players
Grizzlies Player Props
- Ja Morant’s assists prop over/under for the matchup is posted at 6.5 assists, 0.8 assists lower than his season average of 7.3.
- Jonas Valanciunas’ rebounding prop total for the game is listed at 11.5 rebounds, 0.8 rebounds less than his season average of 12.3.
- Grayson Allen’s three pointers made prop total for the contest is set at 2.5, 0.3 shots higher than his season average of 2.2.
- Brandon Clarke’s blocks prop over/under for the contest is set at 0.5, 0.3 blocks lower than his season average of 0.8.
Magic Key Players
|Wendell Carter Jr.||49||11.6||8.2||2.0||0.7||0.8||0.3|
Magic Player Props
- Terrence Ross’ PRA prop total for the game is set at 23.5, 2.1 higher than his season average of 21.4.
- Wendell Carter Jr.’s rebounding prop total for the contest is posted at 9.5 rebounds, 1.3 rebounds higher than his season average of 8.2.
- Ross’ three pointers made prop over/under for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.4 shots lower than his season average of 1.9.
- Chuma Okeke’s steals prop over/under for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.4 steals greater than his season average of 1.1.
- This season, the Grizzlies have a 46.6% shooting percentage from the field, which is 0.4% lower than the 47% of shots the Magic’s opponents have hit.
- Memphis is 24-5 against the spread and 23-6 overall when it shoots better than 47% from the field.
- Orlando has a 15-11-1 record against the spread and a 10-17 record overall when allowing its opponents to make more than 46.6% of their shots from the field.
- The Magic are shooting 42.9% from the field, 3.5% lower than the 46.4% the Grizzlies’ opponents have shot this season.
- This season, Orlando has a 14-1-1 record against the spread and a 12-4 record overall in games the team collectively shoots higher than 46.4% from the field.
- This season, Memphis has a 16-1 record against the spread and a 15-2 straight up record when it allows opponents to shoot higher than 42.9% from the field.
- The Grizzlies shoot 35.6% from three-point range, 1.6% lower than the 37.2% the Magic allow to opponents.
- Memphis has collected a 21-4 record against the spread and a 16-9 straight-up record in games this season when the team hits more than 37.2% of its three-point shots.
- Orlando is 19-10-1 against the spread and 13-17 overall when its opponents shoot higher than 35.6% from deep.
- The Magic are hitting 34.5% of their shots from three-point distance, which is 1.9 percentage points fewer than the 36.4% the Grizzlies’ opponents are averaging on the season.
- Orlando is 15-6-2 ATS and 9-14 overall when the team makes more than 36.4% of its three-point attempts.
- Memphis has a 19-3-1 ATS record and a 16-7 straight-up record in games this season it has shot better than 34.5% from three-point distance.
- The Grizzlies connect on 11.1 three-pointers per game this season, the same that the Magic give up.
- The Magic rank 24th in the NBA in made three-pointers, while the Grizzlies give up the 18th-fewest made threes in the league.
Grizzlies vs Magic Stat Rankings
|Grizzlies Rank||Grizzlies AVG||Magic AVG||Magic Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from