The Cleveland Cavaliers (21-37) visit the Charlotte Hornets (28-30) as 0.5-point underdogs after Collin Sexton put up 30 points in the Cavaliers’ 121-105 victory over the Bulls. The game airs on BSSE at 8:00 PM ET on Friday, April 23, 2021. The matchup has a point total of 209.
The betting insights in this article reflect data from DraftKings sportsbook as of April 23, 2021, 7:05 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Hornets vs Cavaliers Betting Odds
Injury Report as of April 23
Gordon Hayward: Out (Foot),
Nate Darling: Out (Ankle),
LaMelo Ball: Out (Wrist),
Malik Monk: Out (Ankle)
Damyean Dotson: Out (Knee),
Dylan Windler: Out (Knee),
Taurean Prince: Out For Season (Ankle)
|Spread Pick||Hornets (-0.5)|
|Total Pick||Over (209)|
|Prediction||Hornets 113, Cavaliers 105|
Our computers expect the same result as DraftKings, but have the Hornets winning by a considerably larger margin (8.4 points). Take the Hornets.
In this game, the model projects a total (218.2 points) significantly higher than the DraftKings over/under (209 points). Bet on the over.
Hornets Key Players
Hornets Player Props
- Terry Rozier’s points prop over/under for the game is set at 19.5, 1.0 point less than his season average of 20.5.
- Cody Zeller’s PRA prop total for the game is set at 11.5, 6.3 lower than his season average of 17.8.
- Rozier’s three pointers made prop total for the contest is set at 3.5, 0.2 shots higher than his season average of 3.3.
- P.J. Washington’s blocks prop over/under for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.2 blocks higher than his season average of 1.3.
Cavaliers Key Players
|Larry Nance Jr.||33||9.6||6.7||3.0||1.8||0.5||1.2|
Cavaliers Player Props
- Sexton’s PRA prop over/under for the game is set at 30.5, 1.0 less than his season average of 31.5.
- Darius Garland’s PRA prop total for the contest is set at 27.5, 1.7 greater than his season average of 25.8.
- Kevin Love’s three pointers made prop total for the contest is set at 3.5, 1.4 shots greater than his season average of 2.1.
- Jarrett Allen’s blocks prop total for the contest is set at 0.5, 1.1 blocks lower than his season average of 1.6.
- The Hornets are shooting 45.8% from the field this season, 2.2 percentage points lower than the 48% the Cavaliers allow to opponents.
- In games Charlotte shoots better than 48% from the field, it is 15-6 against the spread and 14-7 overall.
- Cleveland is 16-7 against the spread and 17-6 overall when allowing opponents to shoot higher than 45.8% from the field.
- The Cavaliers are shooting 45.3% from the field, 1.4% lower than the 46.7% the Hornets’ opponents have shot this season.
- Cleveland has compiled a 17-5 record against the spread and a 15-7 straight up record in games it shoots higher than 46.7% from the field.
- This season, Charlotte has a 17-4 record against the spread and a 17-5 straight up record when it allows opponents to shoot above 45.3% from the field.
- The Hornets’ 37.6% three-point shooting percentage this season is only 0.6 percentage points lower than opponents of the Cavaliers have shot from deep (38.2%).
- Charlotte is 18-5 against the spread and 17-7 overall when it shoots better than 38.2% from distance.
- Cleveland is 21-11 against the spread and 18-14 overall when its opponents shoot better than 37.6% from deep.
- The Cavaliers’ three-point shooting percentage this season (33.9%) is 2.8 percentage points lower than opponents of the Hornets are averaging (36.7%).
- Cleveland is 15-6 ATS and 13-8 overall when the team hits more than 36.7% of its three-point attempts.
- Charlotte has a 15-6 ATS record and a 16-6 straight-up record in games this season it has shot better than 33.9% from three-point range.
- The Hornets connect on 13.9 three-pointers per game this season, 4.2 more makes per game than the Cavaliers give up (9.7).
- When Charlotte makes more threes than its opponents, it is 20-8 against the spread and 20-9 overall. When Cleveland is out-shot from deep by its opponents, it is 8-29 ATS and 8-29 straight up.
- The Cavaliers make the fewest three-pointers in the league, while the Hornets give up the most makes from beyond the arc.
Hornets vs Cavaliers Stat Rankings
|Hornets Rank||Hornets AVG||Cavaliers AVG||Cavaliers Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from