The Utah Jazz (42-14) visit the Los Angeles Lakers (34-22) in a matchup of Northwest Division teams at Staples Center, tipping off at 4:30 PM ET on Saturday, April 17, 2021. The Lakers are 7.5-point underdogs in the game, the second matchup between the squads this season. The over/under in the matchup is set at 216.5.
The betting insights in this article reflect data from DraftKings sportsbook as of April 17, 2021, 7:05 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Jazz vs Lakers Betting Odds
Injury Report as of April 17
Donovan Mitchell: Day To Day (Ankle),
Udoka Azubuike: Out (Ankle),
Derrick Favors: Out (Knee)
Anthony Davis: Out (Achilles),
LeBron James: Out (Ankle),
Jared Dudley: Out (Knee),
Andre Drummond: Day To Day (Toe),
Markieff Morris: Day To Day (Ankle)
|Spread Pick||Lakers (+7.5)|
|Total Pick||Over (216.5)|
|Prediction||Jazz 113, Lakers 108|
The model favors the Jazz by 5.0 points, just 2.5 fewer than the 7.5-point spread set by DraftKings.
The DraftKings point total for this matchup is just 3.6 points lower than the model projection.
Jazz Key Players
Jazz Player Props
- Donovan Mitchell’s PRA prop total for the contest is set at 46.5, 10.4 higher than his season average of 36.1.
- Rudy Gobert’s PRA prop over/under for the contest is set at 37.5, 8.2 greater than his season average of 29.3.
- Mitchell’s three pointers made prop total for the contest is set at 4.5, 1.1 shots higher than his season average of 3.4.
- Gobert’s blocks prop over/under for the contest is set at 3.5, 0.6 blocks higher than his season average of 2.9.
Lakers Key Players
Lakers Player Props
- LeBron James’ points prop over/under for the contest is set at 24.5, 0.9 points lower than his season average of 25.4.
- Andre Drummond’s PRA prop total for the game is set at 21.5, 9.7 less than his season average of 31.2.
- James’ three pointers made prop over/under for the game is set at 2.5, 0.1 shots higher than his season average of 2.4.
- Anthony Davis’ blocks prop total for the game is set at 1.5, 0.3 blocks lower than his season average of 1.8.
- The Jazz are shooting 46.6% from the field this season, 1.1 percentage points higher than the 45.5% the Lakers allow to opponents.
- Utah is 26-10-1 against the spread and 33-4 overall when it shoots better than 45.5% from the field.
- Los Angeles is 18-9 against the spread and 23-4 overall when allowing opponents to shoot higher than 46.6% from the field.
- The Lakers have shot at a 47.4% rate from the field this season, 2.9 percentage points above the 44.5% shooting opponents of the Jazz have averaged.
- This season, Los Angeles has a 23-15 record against the spread and a 27-11 record overall in games the team collectively shoots better than 44.5% from the field.
- When Utah’s opponents shoot over 47.4% from the field, it is 29-9-1 against the spread and 36-3 overall.
- The Jazz’s 38.9% three-point shooting percentage this season is 4.4 percentage points higher than opponents of the Lakers have shot from beyond the arc (34.5%).
- Utah has a 27-13-1 record against the spread and a 34-7 record overall when the team knocks down more than 34.5% of its three-point attempts.
- Los Angeles is 21-20 against the spread and 29-12 overall when its opponents shoot higher than 38.9% from deep.
- The Lakers are making 35.6% of their shots from beyond the arc, which is only 1.2 percentage points greater than the 34.4% the Jazz’s opponents are averaging on the season.
- Los Angeles is 17-8 ATS and 19-6 overall when the team makes more than 34.4% of its three-point attempts.
- Utah has a 24-7-1 ATS record and a 29-3 straight-up record this season when it makes more than 35.6% of its three-point attempts.
- The Jazz make 16.8 three-pointers per game this season, 5.7 more makes per game than the Lakers allow (11.1).
- Utah has gone 31-13-1 against the spread and 37-8 overall this season in games it has out-shot its opponents from the three-point line. When Los Angeles hits fewer threes than its opponents, it is 8-19 ATS and 11-16 straight up.
- The Jazz make the most three-pointers in the league, while the Lakers allow the second-fewest makes from beyond the arc.
Jazz vs Lakers Stat Rankings
|Jazz Rank||Jazz AVG||Lakers AVG||Lakers Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from