The Washington Wizards (22-33) host the Detroit Pistons (17-39) as 5.5-point favorites after Russell Westbrook went off for 36 points in the Wizards’ 117-115 victory over the Pelicans. The matchup airs on NBCS-DC at 8:00 PM ET on Saturday, April 17, 2021. The point total for the matchup is set at 228.5.
The betting insights in this article reflect data from DraftKings sportsbook as of April 17, 2021, 7:05 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Wizards vs Pistons Betting Odds
Injury Report as of April 17
Thomas Bryant: Out For Season (Left knee)
Rodney McGruder: Out (Elbow),
Hamidou Diallo: Day To Day (Knee),
Cory Joseph: Out (Ankle),
Wayne Ellington: Out (Rest),
Dennis Smith Jr.: Out (Knee),
Jerami Grant: Out (Knee),
Mason Plumlee: Out (Rest)
|Spread Pick||Pistons (+5.5)|
|Total Pick||Under (228.5)|
|Prediction||Wizards 114, Pistons 112|
The model favors the Wizards by 1.7 points, a much smaller margin than the 5.5-point spread set by DraftKings. Take the Pistons to cover.
In this matchup, the model projects a total (225.7 points) marginally lower than the DraftKings over/under (228.5 points).
Wizards Key Players
Wizards Player Props
- Westbrook’s PRA prop over/under for the contest is set at 47.5, 3.7 higher than his season average of 43.8.
- Bradley Beal’s points prop over/under for the game is set at 28.5, 2.5 points less than his season average of 31.0.
- Davis Bertans’ three pointers made prop total for the contest is set at 4.5, 1.6 shots higher than his season average of 2.9.
- Daniel Gafford’s blocks prop over/under for the game is set at 0.5, 0.7 blocks lower than his season average of 1.2.
Pistons Key Players
Pistons Player Props
- Jerami Grant’s PRA prop over/under for the contest is set at 29.5, 0.7 less than his season average of 30.2.
- Killian Hayes’ PRA prop over/under for the contest is set at 13.5, 1.9 greater than his season average of 11.6.
- Wayne Ellington’s three pointers made prop total for the game is set at 1.5, 1.0 shot less than his season average of 2.5.
- Grant’s blocks prop total for the game is set at 1.5, 0.4 blocks higher than his season average of 1.1.
- The Wizards make 46.8% of their shots from the field this season, which is 0.9 percentage points lower than the Pistons have allowed to their opponents (47.7%).
- Washington has a 17-10 record against the spread and a 15-12 straight-up record in games it shoots better than 47.7% from the field.
- Detroit’s record is 16-8-2 against the spread and 13-14 overall when its opponents make more than 46.8% of their shots from the field.
- The Pistons are shooting 44.9% from the field, 2.3% lower than the 47.2% the Wizards’ opponents have shot this season.
- Detroit has compiled a 14-3 record against the spread and a 10-8 straight up record in games it shoots higher than 47.2% from the field.
- Washington is 10-8 against the spread and 9-10 overall in games it allows opponents to shoot over 44.9% from the field.
- The Wizards’ 34.3% three-point shooting percentage this season is 2.7 percentage points lower than opponents of the Pistons have shot from beyond the arc (37%).
- Washington has assembled a 16-6 record against the spread and a 12-10 straight-up record in games this season when the team connects on more than 37% of its three-point attempts.
- Detroit is 14-7-1 against the spread and 13-11 overall when its opponents shoot better than 34.3% from deep.
- The Pistons shoot 35.5% from beyond the arc this season. That’s only 2.2 percentage points lower than the Wizards have allowed their opponents to shoot from deep (37.7%).
- Detroit is 18-4 ATS and 12-11 overall when the team hits more than 37.7% of its three-point attempts.
- Washington is 16-8 ATS and 12-12 overall in games it shoots over 35.5% from deep.
- The Wizards knock down 10.3 three-pointers per game this season, 1.7 fewer makes per game than the Pistons allow (12).
- Detroit is 21-9 against the spread and 14-17 overall when it connects on more threes than its opponents, while Washington is 21-19 ATS and 16-25 straight up in games when it is out-shot from distance.
- The Pistons make the 20th-most three-pointers in the league, while the Wizards give up the 16th-fewest makes from beyond the arc.
Wizards vs Pistons Stat Rankings
|Wizards Rank||Wizards AVG||Pistons AVG||Pistons Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from