Seeking their seventh win, the Tampa Bay Rays (6-8) are favorites (-115) on the moneyline when they take on the New York Yankees (5-8) on Saturday at 1:05 PM ET. Tyler Glasnow starts for Tampa Bay while Jordan Montgomery is New York’s starter for the contest.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of April 17, 2021, 2:00 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to place a bet at DraftKings.
Rays vs Yankees Betting Lines
Rays Betting Insights
- This season, the Rays have been favored eight times and won two of those games.
- This season, Tampa Bay has won two of its six games when favored by at least -115 on the moneyline.
- The Rays have a 51.7% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Rays and their opponents are 7-3 when it comes to hitting the over.
Rays Last 10 Games Trend
|Runs Per Game||4.2|
Yankees Betting Insights
- The Yankees were defeated in the one game they played as the underdog this season.
- New York has yet to play a game this season with longer moneyline odds than +100.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Yankees have a 48.3% chance of coming away with a victory in the contest.
- In their last 10 matchups with a total posted by oddsmakers, the Yankees and their foes are 5-5 when it comes to hitting the over.
Yankees Last 10 Games Trend
|Runs Per Game||4.2|
Yankees Probable Pitcher – Jordan Montgomery
- Montgomery (1-0) starts for the Yankees, his third this season.
- The left-hander last pitched on Sunday against the Rays, when he went five innings, allowing four earned runs while giving up five hits.
- Montgomery is trying to collect his third start of five or more innings this year in this game.
- The Yankees have always been the moneyline underdog when Montgomery starts this season.
Pitchers reflected above are based on projections as of April 17, 2021 at 2:13 AM ET and may not be the pitchers at game time.
Rays Hitting Splits
|vs LHP (Starters)||0-2|
|vs RHP (Starters)||6-6|
Rays Probable Pitcher – Tyler Glasnow
- The Rays will send Glasnow (1-0) to the mound for his fourth start this season.
- The right-hander last pitched on Monday, when he allowed two hits in 7 2/3 scoreless innings against the Rangers.
- The 27-year-old ranks second in ERA (.46), fourth in WHIP (.510), third in strikeouts (29), and ninth in K/9 (13.30) among qualified pitchers in the majors this season.
- When he starts a game and his team is the favorite on the moneyline, they have a record of 2-1.
Pitchers reflected above are based on projections as of April 17, 2021 at 2:14 AM ET and may not be the pitchers at game time.
Yankees Hitting Splits
|vs LHP (Starters)||1-4|
|vs RHP (Starters)||4-4|
Rays Hitting Stats
- The Rays rank 22nd-best in baseball with 13 total home runs.
- The Rays have racked up at least two long balls in three games this season, and are 2-1 in those outings.
- Tampa Bay has hit eight home runs over the last 10 games.
- Joey Wendle is batting .326 with eight RBI, both of which rank first among Tampa Bay hitters this season.
- Randy Arozarena is batting .264 with an OBP of .339 and a slugging percentage of .415 this season.
Yankees Hitting Stats
- The Yankees have hit 14 homers this season, which ranks 18th in the league.
- They are 3-2 this season when they hit two or more home runs in a game.
- Over the last 10 games, New York has hit 12 home runs.
- DJ LeMahieu has four doubles, a home run and seven walks while hitting .271.
- Aaron Judge’s four home runs lead his team.
Moneyline Pick: Yankees (+100)
Over/Under Pick: Over (8)
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm derived from offensive performance metrics and probable starting pitchers.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from