The Brooklyn Nets (36-18) host the Charlotte Hornets (27-27) as double-digit, 13.5-point favorites after Kyrie Irving went off for 37 points in the Nets’ 123-117 loss to the 76ers. The game airs on YES2 at 7:30 PM ET on Friday, April 16, 2021. The point total is set at 224 in the matchup.
The betting insights in this article reflect data from DraftKings sportsbook as of April 16, 2021, 7:05 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Nets vs Hornets Betting Odds
Injury Report as of April 16
Chris Chiozza: Out (Hand),
James Harden: Out (Hamstring),
Tyler Johnson: Out (Knee),
Spencer Dinwiddie: Out For Season (ACL)
Gordon Hayward: Out (Foot),
Nate Darling: Out (Ankle),
Brad Wanamaker: Day To Day (Ankle),
P.J. Washington: Day To Day (Ankle),
LaMelo Ball: Out (Wrist),
Malik Monk: Out (Ankle)
|Spread Pick||Hornets (+13.5)|
|Total Pick||Over (224)|
|Prediction||Nets 118, Hornets 110|
The Nets are favored by both DraftKings and the model, but the model has them winning by significantly less (13.5 to 8.1 points). Take the Hornets and the points.
The model predicts a total 3.3 points higher than the one set by DraftKings for this matchup.
Nets Key Players
Nets Player Props
- James Harden’s rebounding prop total for the game is posted at 7.5 rebounds, 0.5 rebounds lower than his season average of 8.0.
- Kevin Durant’s PRA prop total for the game is set at 55.5, 14.9 greater than his season average of 40.6.
- Joe Harris’ three pointers made prop over/under for the game is set at 2.5, 0.6 shots less than his season average of 3.1.
- Harden’s steals prop total for the game is set at 1.5, 0.3 steals greater than his season average of 1.2.
Hornets Key Players
Hornets Player Props
- Terry Rozier’s points prop total for the game is set at 19.5, 0.8 points less than his season average of 20.3.
- LaMelo Ball’s PRA prop over/under for the game is set at 26.5, 1.5 less than his season average of 28.0.
- Rozier’s three pointers made prop over/under for the contest is set at 3.5, 0.2 shots greater than his season average of 3.3.
- P.J. Washington’s blocks prop total for the game is set at 1.5, 0.2 blocks higher than his season average of 1.3.
- This season, the Nets have a 49.4% shooting percentage from the field, which is 2.8% higher than the 46.6% of shots the Hornets’ opponents have made.
- Brooklyn is 22-18 against the spread and 30-10 overall when it shoots higher than 46.6% from the field.
- Charlotte’s record is 25-12 against the spread and 24-14 overall when its opponents make more than 49.4% of their shots from the field.
- The Hornets have shot at a 45.7% clip from the field this season, 0.7 percentage points less than the 46.4% shooting opponents of the Nets have averaged.
- Charlotte has compiled a 20-6 record against the spread and a 19-7 straight up record in games it shoots above 46.4% from the field.
- When Brooklyn’s opponents shoot greater than 45.7% from the field, it is 14-8 against the spread and 18-4 overall.
- The Nets are hitting 38.7% of their three-point shots this season, 2.1% higher than the 36.6% the Hornets allow opponents to shoot from deep.
- Brooklyn has put together a 20-12 record against the spread and a 25-7 straight-up record in games this season when the team connects on more than 36.6% of its three-point shots.
- Charlotte is 19-11 against the spread while putting together a 20-11 straight-up record when its opponents shoot above 38.7% from three-point range.
- The Hornets are making 37.6% of their shots from three-point distance, which is just 0.8 percentage points greater than the 36.8% the Nets’ opponents are averaging on the season.
- Charlotte is 20-7 ATS and 19-9 overall when the team hits more than 36.8% of its three-point attempts.
- Brooklyn is 15-15 ATS and 23-7 overall in games it shoots over 37.6% from deep.
- The Nets connect on 13.9 three-pointers per game this season, the same that the Hornets allow.
- The Nets make the seventh-most three-pointers in the league, while the Hornets allow the 29th-fewest makes from beyond the arc.
Nets vs Hornets Stat Rankings
|Nets Rank||Nets AVG||Hornets AVG||Hornets Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from