The Charlotte Hornets (27-25) square off against the Los Angeles Lakers (33-21) as only 0.5-point favorites on Tuesday, April 13, 2021 at 8:00 PM ET on SportsNet LA. The over/under is 209.5 in the matchup.
The betting insights in this article reflect data from DraftKings sportsbook as of April 13, 2021, 7:05 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Hornets vs Lakers Betting Odds
Injury Report as of April 13
Gordon Hayward: Out (Foot),
P.J. Washington: Day To Day (Ankle),
LaMelo Ball: Out (Wrist),
Malik Monk: Out (Ankle)
Anthony Davis: Out (Achilles),
Alfonzo McKinnie: Out (Health and Safety Protocols),
LeBron James: Out (Ankle),
Jared Dudley: Out (Knee)
|Spread Pick||Lakers (+0.5)|
|Total Pick||Over (209.5)|
|Prediction||Lakers 111, Hornets 110|
While DraftKings has the Hornets winning by 0.5, the model has the Lakers taking home the victory, though the margin is fairly small (0.6 points). Lean toward taking the Lakers.
The model projects a total (219.3 points) much higher than the one set by DraftKings for this game (209.5 points). Take the over.
Hornets Key Players
Hornets Player Props
- Terry Rozier’s points prop total for the contest is set at 21.5, 1.2 points higher than his season average of 20.3.
- LaMelo Ball’s PRA prop total for the game is set at 26.5, 1.5 lower than his season average of 28.0.
- Rozier’s three pointers made prop total for the contest is set at 3.5, 0.2 shots higher than his season average of 3.3.
- Ball’s steals prop total for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.1 steals less than his season average of 1.6.
Lakers Key Players
Lakers Player Props
- LeBron James’ assists prop total for the contest is posted at 7.5 assists, 0.4 assists lower than his season average of 7.9.
- Andre Drummond’s PRA prop over/under for the contest is set at 19.5, 12.2 less than his season average of 31.7.
- James’ three pointers made prop over/under for the game is set at 2.5, 0.1 shots higher than his season average of 2.4.
- Drummond’s steals prop total for the contest is set at 0.5, 1.0 steal less than his season average of 1.5.
- This season, the Hornets have a 45.9% shooting percentage from the field, which is 0.5% higher than the 45.4% of shots the Lakers’ opponents have made.
- Charlotte is 20-10 against the spread and 19-11 overall when it shoots better than 45.4% from the field.
- Los Angeles is 16-7 against the spread and 20-3 overall when allowing opponents to shoot better than 45.9% from the field.
- The Lakers are shooting 47.6% from the field, one% higher than the 46.6% the Hornets’ opponents have shot this season.
- Los Angeles is 20-12 against the spread and 23-9 overall when it shoots better than 46.6% from the field.
- This season, Charlotte has a 22-5 record against the spread and a 21-7 straight up record when it allows opponents to shoot over 47.6% from the field.
- The Hornets shoot 37.9% from beyond the arc, 3.4% higher than the 34.5% the Lakers allow to opponents.
- Charlotte has a 23-11 record against the spread and a 22-13 record overall when the team makes more than 34.5% of its three-point attempts.
- Los Angeles is 20-15 against the spread while putting together a 24-11 straight-up record when its opponents shoot above 37.9% from downtown.
- The Lakers shoot 35.7% from three-point distance this season. That’s just 0.9 percentage points lower than the Hornets have allowed their opponents to shoot from deep (36.6%).
- Los Angeles is 14-6 ATS and 16-4 overall when the team hits more than 36.6% of its three-point attempts.
- Charlotte has a 16-8 ATS record and a 17-8 straight-up record this season when it connects on more than 35.7% of its three-point shots.
- The Hornets make 13.9 three-pointers per game this season, 2.9 more makes per game than the Lakers allow (11).
- Charlotte is 19-7 against the spread and 19-8 overall when it makes more three-pointers than its opponents, while Los Angeles is 8-18 ATS and 11-15 straight up in games when it is out-shot from the three-point line.
- The Hornets rank seventh in the NBA in made three-pointers, while the Lakers allow the second-fewest made threes in the league.
Hornets vs Lakers Stat Rankings
|Hornets Rank||Hornets AVG||Lakers AVG||Lakers Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from