Central Division opponents square off when the Milwaukee Bucks (32-18) visit the Dallas Mavericks (28-22) at American Airlines Center, tipping off at 9:00 PM ET on Thursday, April 8, 2021. The Mavericks are 1.5-point underdogs in the game, the second matchup between the teams this season. The matchup has a point total of 228.5.
The betting insights in this article reflect data from DraftKings sportsbook as of April 8, 2021, 7:05 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Bucks vs Mavericks Betting Odds
Injury Report as of April 8
P.J. Tucker: Out (Calf),
Giannis Antetokounmpo: Day To Day (Knee)
Tyrell Terry: Out (Personal),
Maxi Kleber: Out (Leg),
Trey Burke: Out (Calf),
JJ Redick: Out (Heel),
Willie Cauley-Stein: Out (Health and Safety Protocols)
|Spread Pick||Mavericks (+1.5)|
|Total Pick||Under (228.5)|
|Prediction||Mavericks 114, Bucks 113|
While DraftKings has the Bucks winning by 1.5, the model has the Mavericks taking home the victory, though the margin is fairly small (2.8 points). Lean toward taking the Mavericks.
In this matchup, the model projects a total (226.9 points) marginally lower than the DraftKings over/under (228.5 points).
Bucks Key Players
Bucks Player Props
- Giannis Antetokounmpo’s assists prop total for the contest is posted at 5.5 assists, 0.7 less than his season average of 6.2.
- Khris Middleton’s three pointers made prop total for the contest is set at 2.5, 0.3 shots higher than his season average of 2.2.
- Jrue Holiday’s steals prop total for the game is set at 1.5, 0.3 steals less than his season average of 1.8.
Mavericks Key Players
|Tim Hardaway Jr.||49||16.6||3.5||1.7||0.5||0.1||3.0|
Mavericks Player Props
- Luka Doncic’s PRA prop total for the game is set at 40.5, 4.9 lower than his season average of 45.4.
- Kristaps Porzingis’ rebounding prop total for the matchup is posted at 11.5 rebounds, 2.5 rebounds higher than his season average of 9.0.
- Doncic’s three pointers made prop over/under for the contest is set at 4.5, 1.5 shots higher than his season average of 3.0.
- Porzingis’ blocks prop over/under for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.1 blocks lower than his season average of 1.6.
- This season, the Bucks have a 48.8% shooting percentage from the field, which is 3.3% higher than the 45.5% of shots the Mavericks’ opponents have hit.
- Milwaukee has an 18-16 record against the spread and a 24-10 straight-up record in games it shoots better than 45.5% from the field.
- Dallas’ record is 23-13 against the spread and 24-12 overall when its opponents make more than 48.8% of their shots from the field.
- The Mavericks have shot at a 46.9% rate from the field this season, 1.5 percentage points higher than the 45.4% shooting opponents of the Bucks have averaged.
- Dallas has put together a 19-11 record against the spread and a 22-8 straight up record in games it shoots over 45.4% from the field.
- When Milwaukee’s opponents shoot above 46.9% from the field, it is 20-9 against the spread and 26-3 overall.
- The Bucks shoot 39.3% from beyond the arc, 3.1% higher than the 36.2% the Mavericks allow to opponents.
- Milwaukee is 16-18 against the spread and 23-11 overall when it shoots better than 36.2% from distance.
- Dallas has put up a 21-9 against the spread while going 21-9 overall in games this season when its opponents shoot better than 39.3% from downtown.
- The Mavericks shoot 36.1% from beyond the arc this season. That’s just 1.5 percentage points lower than the Bucks have allowed their opponents to shoot from deep (37.6%).
- Dallas is 11-8 ATS and 13-6 overall when the team makes more than 37.6% of its three-point attempts.
- Milwaukee has a 17-5 ATS record and a 21-1 straight-up record in games this season it has shot better than 36.1% from three-point range.
- The Bucks make 14.6 three-pointers per game this season, just 0.9 more makes per game than the Mavericks give up 13.7.
- Milwaukee has gone 14-7 against the spread and 19-2 overall this season in games it has out-shot its opponents from the three-point line. When Dallas makes fewer three-pointers than its opponents, it is 4-19 ATS and 5-18 straight up.
- The Mavericks make the ninth-most three-pointers in the league, while the Bucks give up the 27th-fewest makes from beyond the arc.
Bucks vs Mavericks Stat Rankings
|Bucks Rank||Bucks AVG||Mavericks AVG||Mavericks Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from