The Miami Heat (26-25) host the Los Angeles Lakers (32-19) in a matchup of Southeast Division teams at American Airlines Arena, beginning at 7:30 PM ET on Thursday, April 8, 2021. The Lakers are 8.5-point underdogs in the game, the second matchup between the teams this season. The point total is 204.5 for the matchup.
The betting insights in this article reflect data from DraftKings sportsbook as of April 8, 2021, 1:05 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Heat vs Lakers Betting Odds
Injury Report as of April 8
KZ Okpala: Day To Day (Health and Safety Protocols)
Anthony Davis: Out (Achilles),
LeBron James: Out (Ankle),
Jared Dudley: Out (Knee),
Andre Drummond: Day To Day (Toe),
Kyle Kuzma: Day To Day (Calf)
|Spread Pick||Lakers (+8.5)|
|Total Pick||Over (204.5)|
|Prediction||Heat 108, Lakers 107|
The spread for this matchup suggested by the model (0.6 points) is much tighter than the 8.5-point edge DraftKings gives to the Heat, though the data still has them as the favorite. Put your money on the Lakers to cover.
The DraftKings point total for this game is more than two possessions lower (10.4 points) than the model projection. Put your money on the over.
Heat Key Players
Heat Player Props
- Jimmy Butler’s points prop total for the contest is set at 18.5, 2.9 points less than his season average of 21.4.
- Bam Adebayo’s rebounding prop total for the matchup is listed at 9.5 rebounds, 0.1 rebounds less than his season average of 9.6.
- Duncan Robinson’s three pointers made prop over/under for the contest is set at 3.5, equal to his season average of 3.5.
- Adebayo’s blocks prop over/under for the game is set at 1.5, 0.3 blocks higher than his season average of 1.2.
Lakers Key Players
Lakers Player Props
- LeBron James’ assists prop over/under for the matchup is listed at 7.5 assists, 0.4 assists less than his season average of 7.9.
- Andre Drummond’s rebounding prop over/under for the game is posted at 1.5 rebounds, 11.5 rebounds less than his season average of 13.0.
- James’ three pointers made prop total for the contest is set at 2.5, 0.1 shots greater than his season average of 2.4.
- Anthony Davis’ blocks prop total for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.3 blocks lower than his season average of 1.8.
- The Heat make 46% of their shots from the field this season, which is 0.7 percentage points higher than the Lakers have allowed to their opponents (45.3%).
- In games Miami shoots better than 45.3% from the field, it is 17-13 against the spread and 18-12 overall.
- Los Angeles has a 16-8 record against the spread and a 20-4 record overall when allowing its opponents to hit more than 46% of their shots from the field.
- The Lakers’ 47.7% shooting percentage from the field this season is three percentage points higher than the Heat have given up to their opponents (44.7%).
- This season, Los Angeles has a 22-14 record against the spread and a 26-10 record overall in games the team collectively shoots over 44.7% from the field.
- This season, Miami has a 19-18 record against the spread and a 24-13 straight up record when it allows opponents to shoot over 47.7% from the field.
- The Heat are hitting 34.6% of their three-point shots this season, 0.3% lower than the 34.9% the Lakers allow opponents to shoot from deep.
- Miami has collected a 13-14 record against the spread and a 16-11 straight-up record in games this season when the team makes more than 34.9% of its three-point attempts.
- Los Angeles is 16-8 against the spread while putting up a 20-4 straight-up record when its opponents shoot over 34.6% from downtown.
- The Lakers are hitting 35.3% of their shots from three-point range, which is only one percentage point fewer than the 36.3% the Heat’s opponents are averaging on the season.
- Los Angeles is 13-6 ATS and 15-4 overall when the team makes more than 36.3% of its three-point attempts.
- Miami has a 14-11 ATS record and a 15-10 straight-up record this season when it knocks down more than 35.3% of its three-point attempts.
- The Heat make 12.6 three-pointers per game this season, 1.8 more makes per game than the Lakers give up (10.8).
- Miami has gone 7-5 against the spread and 10-2 overall this season in games it has out-shot its opponents from the three-point line. When Los Angeles hits fewer threes than its opponents, it is 8-18 ATS and 11-15 straight up.
- The Lakers are the 27th-best three-point shooting team in the NBA, while the Heat allow the 28th-fewest makes from deep.
Heat vs Lakers Stat Rankings
|Heat Rank||Heat AVG||Lakers AVG||Lakers Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from