A game after he scored 40 points in a 114-112 win over the Knicks, Kyrie Irving leads the Brooklyn Nets (35-16) at home against the New Orleans Pelicans (22-28) as 10.5-point favorites. The matchup, which airs on ESPN, starts at 7:30 PM ET on Wednesday, April 7, 2021. The matchup’s point total is set at 231.
The betting insights in this article reflect data from DraftKings sportsbook as of April 7, 2021, 7:05 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Nets vs Pelicans Betting Odds
Injury Report as of April 7
Kevin Durant: Day To Day (Hamstring),
James Harden: Out (Hamstring),
Tyler Johnson: Out (Knee),
Spencer Dinwiddie: Out For Season (ACL),
Landry Shamet: Out (Ankle)
Nickeil Alexander-Walker: Out (Ankle),
Josh Hart: Out (Thumb),
Brandon Ingram: Out (Foot),
Kira Lewis Jr.: Out (Calf)
|Spread Pick||Pelicans (+10.5)|
|Total Pick||Over (231)|
|Prediction||Nets 119, Pelicans 112|
The spread for this matchup suggested by the model (7.5 points) is significantly less than the 10.5-point edge DraftKings gives to the Nets, though the data still has them as the favorite. Put your money on the Pelicans to cover.
DraftKings and the model are extremely close in their point total projections for this game, within 0.4 points of each other.
Nets Key Players
Nets Player Props
- James Harden’s rebounding prop total for the matchup is posted at 8.5 boards, 0.5 rebounds higher than his season average of 8.0.
- Kevin Durant’s PRA prop over/under for the game is set at 32.5, 9.0 less than his season average of 41.5.
- Joe Harris’ three pointers made prop over/under for the contest is set at 2.5, 0.7 shots lower than his season average of 3.2.
- Durant’s blocks prop over/under for the contest is set at 2.5, 1.1 blocks higher than his season average of 1.4.
Pelicans Key Players
Pelicans Player Props
- Zion Williamson’s PRA prop total for the contest is set at 50.5, 13.5 greater than his season average of 37.0.
- Steven Adams’ rebounding prop total for the matchup is listed at 7.5 rebounds, 1.4 rebounds lower than his season average of 8.9.
- Lonzo Ball’s three pointers made prop total for the contest is set at 3.5, 0.3 shots greater than his season average of 3.2.
- James Johnson’s blocks prop over/under for the game is set at 0.5, 0.5 blocks lower than his season average of 1.0.
- The Nets are shooting 49.3% from the field this season, 2.1 percentage points higher than the 47.2% the Pelicans allow to opponents.
- Brooklyn has a 19-16 record against the spread and a 27-8 straight-up record in games it shoots better than 47.2% from the field.
- New Orleans is 18-13 against the spread and 18-13 overall when allowing opponents to shoot better than 49.3% from the field.
- The Pelicans are shooting 48.3% from the field, two% higher than the 46.3% the Nets’ opponents have shot this season.
- New Orleans has put together a 20-12 record against the spread and an 18-14 straight up record in games it shoots over 46.3% from the field.
- This season, Brooklyn has an 18-15 record against the spread and a 27-6 straight up record when it allows opponents to shoot above 48.3% from the field.
- The Nets’ 39.1% three-point shooting percentage this season is just 0.1 percentage points lower than opponents of the Pelicans have shot from deep (39.2%).
- Brooklyn is 18-10 against the spread and 23-5 overall when it shoots better than 39.2% from distance.
- New Orleans has put up a 15-9 against the spread while going 17-7 overall in games this season when its opponents shoot higher than 39.1% from deep.
- The Pelicans’ three-point shooting percentage this season (35.9%) is 0.6 percentage points lower than opponents of the Nets are averaging (36.5%).
- New Orleans is 15-7 against the spread and 15-7 overall when shooting over 36.5% as a team from three-point range.
- Brooklyn has a 13-12 ATS record and a 21-4 straight-up record in games this season it has shot better than 35.9% from three-point distance.
- The Nets’ 14.2 made three-pointers per game this season is 2.9 more made shots on average than the 11.3 per game the Pelicans give up.
- When Brooklyn makes more three-pointers than its opponents, it is 16-14 against the spread and 21-9 overall. When New Orleans is out-shot from deep by its opponents, it is 12-24 ATS and 12-25 straight up.
- The Pelicans are the 23rd-best three-point shooting team in the NBA, while the Nets give up the 22nd-fewest makes from deep.
Nets vs Pelicans Stat Rankings
|Nets Rank||Nets AVG||Pelicans AVG||Pelicans Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from