Luka Doncic leads the Dallas Mavericks (28-21) against the Houston Rockets (13-37) after putting up 31 points in a 111-103 win over the Jazz. The Rockets are 11.5-point underdogs in the matchup on Wednesday, April 7, 2021, which starts at 8:00 PM ET on SportsNet SW. The matchup has a point total of 225.
The betting insights in this article reflect data from DraftKings sportsbook as of April 7, 2021, 7:05 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Mavericks vs Rockets Betting Odds
Injury Report as of April 7
Kristaps Porzingis: Day To Day (Wrist),
Tyrell Terry: Day To Day (Personal),
Maxi Kleber: Day To Day (Leg),
Trey Burke: Day To Day (Calf),
JJ Redick: Out (Heel),
Willie Cauley-Stein: Day To Day (Health and Safety Protocols)
Armoni Brooks: Out (Health and Safety Protocols),
Avery Bradley: Day To Day (Knee),
David Nwaba: Out (Wrist),
Dante Exum: Out (Calf),
Eric Gordon: Out (Groin),
Danuel House Jr.: Out (Ankle),
John Wall: Day To Day (Knee)
|Spread Pick||Rockets (+11.5)|
|Total Pick||Under (225)|
|Prediction||Mavericks 115, Rockets 106|
The spread for this game suggested by the model (8.8 points) is slightly less than the 11.5-point edge DraftKings gives to the Mavericks, though the data still has them as the favorite.
In this game, the model projects a total (221.8 points) marginally lower than the DraftKings over/under (225 points).
Mavericks Key Players
|Tim Hardaway Jr.||48||16.5||3.5||1.7||0.5||0.1||3.0|
Mavericks Player Props
- Doncic’s points prop total for the game is set at 27.5, 1.1 points lower than his season average of 28.6.
- Kristaps Porzingis’ PRA prop total for the game is set at 32.5, 1.9 higher than his season average of 30.6.
- Doncic’s three pointers made prop total for the game is set at 4.5, 1.4 shots greater than his season average of 3.1.
- Porzingis’ blocks prop total for the game is set at 1.5, 0.1 blocks lower than his season average of 1.6.
Rockets Key Players
|Kevin Porter Jr.||13||15.6||3.6||6.1||0.9||0.5||1.3|
Rockets Player Props
- Christian Wood’s PRA prop total for the contest is set at 28.5, 3.4 less than his season average of 31.9.
- John Wall’s PRA prop over/under for the game is set at 30.5, 0.2 greater than his season average of 30.3.
- Eric Gordon’s three pointers made prop total for the contest is set at 2.5, 0.1 shots lower than his season average of 2.6.
- Jae’Sean Tate’s steals prop over/under for the game is set at 0.5, 0.6 steals less than his season average of 1.1.
- This season, the Mavericks have a 47% shooting percentage from the field, which is the same percentage of shots the Rockets’ opponents have hit.
- In games Dallas shoots higher than 47% from the field, it is 16-9 against the spread and 19-6 overall.
- Houston is 12-13 against the spread and 13-12 overall when allowing opponents to shoot better than 47% from the field.
- The Rockets are shooting 44% from the field, 1.5% lower than the 45.5% the Mavericks’ opponents have shot this season.
- Houston is 12-7 against the spread and 9-10 overall when it shoots better than 45.5% from the field.
- When Dallas’ opponents shoot above 44% from the field, it is 15-3 against the spread and 15-3 overall.
- The Mavericks’ 36.4% three-point shooting percentage this season is only 1.1 percentage points lower than opponents of the Rockets have shot from beyond the arc (37.5%).
- Dallas has put together an 11-8 record against the spread and a 13-6 straight-up record in games this season when the team hits more than 37.5% of its three-point shots.
- Houston has put up a 10-13-1 against the spread while going 10-14 overall in games this season when its opponents shoot higher than 36.4% from deep.
- The Rockets shoot 33.5% from three-point distance this season. That’s 2.6 percentage points lower than the Mavericks have allowed their opponents to shoot from deep (36.1%).
- Houston is 9-9 ATS and 9-9 overall when the team hits more than 36.1% of its three-point attempts.
- Dallas has a 16-1 ATS record and a 16-1 straight-up record this season when it connects on more than 33.5% of its three-point attempts.
- The Mavericks connect on 13.8 three-pointers per game this season, just 0.4 more made shots on average than the 13.4 per game the Rockets give up.
- When Dallas makes more threes than its opponents, it is 19-5 against the spread and 20-4 overall. When Houston is out-shot from beyond the arc by its opponents, it is 4-17 ATS and 2-19 straight up.
- The Rockets rank 10th in the NBA in made three-pointers, while the Mavericks allow the 24th-fewest made threes in the league.
Mavericks vs Rockets Stat Rankings
|Mavericks Rank||Mavericks AVG||Rockets AVG||Rockets Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from