The Oklahoma City Thunder (20-30) will attempt to break a three-game losing streak when they host the Charlotte Hornets (25-24) on Wednesday, April 7, 2021 at Chesapeake Energy Arena as 5-point underdogs. The contest airs at 8:00 PM ET on BSOK. The over/under is 214 in the matchup.
The betting insights in this article reflect data from DraftKings sportsbook as of April 7, 2021, 1:05 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Hornets vs Thunder Betting Odds
Injury Report as of April 7
Gordon Hayward: Out (Foot),
LaMelo Ball: Out (Wrist),
Malik Monk: Out (Ankle)
Luguentz Dort: Day To Day (Concussion Protocol),
Isaiah Roby: Out (Concussion),
Josh Hall: Out (Concussion-like symptoms),
Mike Muscala: Out (Ankle),
Darius Bazley: Day To Day (Shoulder),
Shai Gilgeous-Alexander: Day To Day (Foot)
|Spread Pick||Thunder (+5)|
|Total Pick||Over (214)|
|Prediction||Hornets 112, Thunder 109|
The model favors the Hornets by 2.7 points, just 2.3 fewer than the 5-point spread set by DraftKings.
The DraftKings point total for this matchup is just 6.9 points lower than the model projection.
Hornets Key Players
Hornets Player Props
- Terry Rozier’s PRA prop total for the contest is set at 37.5, 9.6 higher than his season average of 27.9.
- LaMelo Ball’s PRA prop total for the contest is set at 26.5, 1.5 lower than his season average of 28.0.
- Rozier’s three pointers made prop over/under for the game is set at 4.5, 1.2 shots higher than his season average of 3.3.
- Ball’s steals prop total for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.1 steals lower than his season average of 1.6.
Thunder Key Players
Thunder Player Props
- Shai Gilgeous-Alexander’s PRA prop total for the contest is listed at 31.5, 2.8 less than his season average of 34.3.
- Moses Brown’s PRA prop over/under for the game is set at 31.5, 14.5 higher than his season average of 17.0.
- Ty Jerome’s three pointers made prop over/under for the contest is set at 3.5, 1.5 shots higher than his season average of 2.0.
- Brown’s blocks prop total for the game is set at 1.5, 0.3 blocks higher than his season average of 1.2.
- This season, the Hornets have a 45.8% shooting percentage from the field, which is 1.1% lower than the 46.9% of shots the Thunder’s opponents have knocked down.
- Charlotte is 18-6 against the spread and 17-7 overall when it shoots better than 46.9% from the field.
- Oklahoma City’s record is 10-7-1 against the spread and 9-9 overall when its opponents make more than 45.8% of their shots from the field.
- The Thunder are shooting 44.5% from the field, 2.3% lower than the 46.8% the Hornets’ opponents have shot this season.
- Oklahoma City has put together a 9-4 record against the spread and an 8-5 straight up record in games it shoots higher than 46.8% from the field.
- Charlotte is 13-1 against the spread and 12-3 overall in games it allows opponents to shoot above 44.5% from the field.
- The Hornets’ 38% three-point shooting percentage this season is 2.4 percentage points higher than opponents of the Thunder have shot from deep (35.6%).
- Charlotte has a 22-9 record against the spread and a 21-11 record overall when the team hits more than 35.6% of its three-point shots.
- Oklahoma City is 22-13 against the spread and 17-18 overall when its opponents shoot higher than 38% from deep.
- The Thunder shoot 34.6% from beyond the arc this season. That’s only 1.8 percentage points lower than the Hornets have allowed their opponents to shoot from deep (36.4%).
- Oklahoma City is 14-5-1 ATS and 13-7 overall when the team hits more than 36.4% of its three-point attempts.
- Charlotte is 15-6 ATS and 16-6 overall in games it shoots over 34.6% from deep.
- The Hornets knock down 13.8 three-pointers per game this season, 1.2 more made shots on average than the 12.6 per game the Thunder allow.
- Charlotte has gone 18-7 against the spread and 18-8 overall this season in games it has out-shot its opponents from the three-point line. When Oklahoma City makes fewer threes than its opponents, it is 7-15-1 ATS and 5-18 straight up.
- The Thunder make the 15th-most three-pointers in the league, while the Hornets allow the 29th-fewest makes from beyond the arc.
Hornets vs Thunder Stat Rankings
|Hornets Rank||Hornets AVG||Thunder AVG||Thunder Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from