The Denver Nuggets (31-18) are heavy, 13.5-point favorites as they try to build on a five-game winning streak when they host the Detroit Pistons (15-35) on Tuesday, April 6, 2021 at Ball Arena. The contest airs at 9:00 PM ET on ALT. The point total is 220 for the matchup.
The betting insights in this article reflect data from DraftKings sportsbook as of April 6, 2021, 7:05 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Nuggets vs Pistons Betting Odds
Injury Report as of April 6
Jahlil Okafor: Out (Knee),
Rodney McGruder: Out (Elbow),
Wayne Ellington: Out (Rest),
Mason Plumlee: Out (Rest)
|Spread Pick||Pistons (+13.5)|
|Total Pick||Over (220)|
|Prediction||Nuggets 117, Pistons 105|
The model and DraftKings both have the Nuggets taking home the win, but the model has them winning by slightly less (12.0 points). Lean towards taking the Pistons.
The model projects a total 1.5 points higher than the one set by DraftKings for this matchup.
Nuggets Key Players
|Michael Porter Jr.||39||16.7||7.5||1.0||0.7||0.9||2.5|
Nuggets Player Props
- Nikola Jokic’s PRA prop total for the game is set at 42.5, 3.4 lower than his season average of 45.9.
- Jamal Murray’s three pointers made prop total for the contest is set at 2.5, 0.2 shots less than his season average of 2.7.
- Jokic’s steals prop over/under for the contest is set at 1.5, equal to his season average of 1.5.
Pistons Key Players
Pistons Player Props
- Mason Plumlee’s rebounding prop total for the game is posted at 11.5 boards, 2.1 rebounds greater than his season average of 9.4.
- Jerami Grant’s PRA prop over/under for the contest is set at 27.5, 2.5 lower than his season average of 30.0.
- Wayne Ellington’s three pointers made prop over/under for the contest is set at 2.5, 0.1 shots less than his season average of 2.6.
- Dennis Smith Jr.’s steals prop over/under for the contest is set at 0.5, 0.6 steals less than his season average of 1.1.
- The Nuggets are shooting 48.8% from the field this season, 1.2 percentage points higher than the 47.6% the Pistons allow to opponents.
- In games Denver shoots better than 47.6% from the field, it is 18-11 against the spread and 22-7 overall.
- Detroit’s record is 20-10-1 against the spread and 14-19 overall when its opponents make more than 48.8% of their shots from the field.
- The Pistons have shot at a 44.5% clip from the field this season, 2.4 percentage points below the 46.9% shooting opponents of the Nuggets have averaged.
- Detroit has put together a 12-3 record against the spread and a 9-7 straight up record in games it shoots higher than 46.9% from the field.
- Denver is 12-2 against the spread and 14-0 overall in games it allows opponents to shoot above 44.5% from the field.
- The Nuggets are making 38.7% of their three-point shots this season, 1.4% higher than the 37.3% the Pistons allow opponents to shoot from deep.
- Denver has a 16-12 record against the spread and an 18-10 record overall when the team knocks down more than 37.3% of its three-point shots.
- Detroit is 15-9-1 against the spread while putting together a 13-14 straight-up record when its opponents shoot over 38.7% from beyond the arc.
- The Pistons shoot 35.4% from three-point distance this season. That’s only 0.9 percentage points lower than the Nuggets have allowed their opponents to shoot from deep (36.3%).
- Detroit is 17-5 ATS and 12-11 overall when the team hits more than 36.3% of its three-point attempts.
- Denver has a 16-9 ATS record and a 20-5 straight-up record this season when it hits more than 35.4% of its three-point shots.
- The Nuggets connect on 13.3 three-pointers per game this season, 1.2 more made shots on average than the 12.1 per game the Pistons allow.
- Denver has gone 13-7 against the spread and 14-6 overall this season in games it has out-shot its opponents from the three-point line. When Detroit makes fewer three-pointers than its opponents, it is 6-12-1 ATS and 2-17 straight up.
- The Nuggets are the 11th-best three-point shooting team in the NBA, while the Pistons give up the sixth-fewest makes from deep.
Nuggets vs Pistons Stat Rankings
|Nuggets Rank||Nuggets AVG||Pistons AVG||Pistons Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from