Devin Booker leads the Phoenix Suns (34-14) into a matchup with the Houston Rockets (13-36) after scoring 32 points in a 140-103 win over the Thunder. The Rockets are 11-point underdogs in the matchup on Monday, April 5, 2021, which starts at 8:00 PM ET on SportsNet SW. The matchup’s point total is set at 218.5.
The betting insights in this article reflect data from DraftKings sportsbook as of April 5, 2021, 7:05 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Suns vs Rockets Betting Odds
Injury Report as of April 5
Frank Kaminsky: Out (Health and Safety Protocols),
Abdel Nader: Out (Knee)
David Nwaba: Out (Wrist),
Dante Exum: Out (Calf),
Eric Gordon: Out (Groin),
John Wall: Out (Knee)
|Spread Pick||Suns (-11)|
|Total Pick||Over (218.5)|
|Prediction||Suns 117, Rockets 104|
The model projects the Suns to win, just as DraftKings does, but the model favors them by slightly more points (12.4 to 11).
In this matchup, the model projects a total (221.1 points) a little higher than the DraftKings over/under (218.5 points).
Suns Key Players
Suns Player Props
- Booker’s PRA prop over/under for the contest is set at 34.5, 0.3 higher than his season average of 34.2.
- Chris Paul’s PRA prop total for the game is set at 28.5, 0.8 less than his season average of 29.3.
- Jae Crowder’s three pointers made prop total for the game is set at 2.5, 0.1 shots greater than his season average of 2.4.
- Deandre Ayton’s blocks prop over/under for the game is set at 1.5, 0.4 blocks higher than his season average of 1.1.
Rockets Key Players
|Kevin Porter Jr.||12||15.3||3.2||5.9||1.0||0.5||1.3|
Rockets Player Props
- Christian Wood’s PRA prop over/under for the contest is set at 31.5, 0.7 less than his season average of 32.2.
- John Wall’s PRA prop total for the game is set at 32.5, 2.2 higher than his season average of 30.3.
- Eric Gordon’s three pointers made prop over/under for the contest is set at 2.5, 0.1 shots less than his season average of 2.6.
- Jae’Sean Tate’s steals prop total for the game is set at 1.5, 0.4 steals greater than his season average of 1.1.
- This season, the Suns have a 49% shooting percentage from the field, which is 2.1% higher than the 46.9% of shots the Rockets’ opponents have knocked down.
- Phoenix has a 26-7-1 record against the spread and a 28-6 straight-up record in games it shoots better than 46.9% from the field.
- Houston has a 15-17-1 record against the spread and a 13-20 record overall when allowing its opponents to make more than 49% of their shots from the field.
- The Rockets have shot at a 43.8% clip from the field this season, 1.6 percentage points less than the 45.4% shooting opponents of the Suns have averaged.
- This season, Houston has an 11-7 record against the spread and a 9-9 record overall in games the team collectively shoots better than 45.4% from the field.
- When Phoenix’s opponents shoot greater than 43.8% from the field, it is 15-4-1 against the spread and 18-2 overall.
- The Suns’ 37.7% three-point shooting percentage this season is only 0.4 percentage points higher than opponents of the Rockets have shot from deep (37.3%).
- Phoenix is 20-6 against the spread and 21-5 overall when it shoots better than 37.3% from distance.
- Houston is 11-13-1 against the spread while putting together a 10-15 straight-up record when its opponents shoot over 37.7% from downtown.
- The Rockets are knocking down 33.2% of their shots from deep, which is 1.1 percentage points fewer than the 34.3% the Suns’ opponents are averaging on the season.
- Houston is 8-9 against the spread and 9-8 overall when shooting above 34.3% as a team from three-point range.
- Phoenix is 13-5-1 ATS and 15-4 overall in games it shoots above 33.2% from deep.
- The Suns connect on 12.9 three-pointers per game this season, just 0.5 fewer makes per game than the Rockets allow 13.4.
- When Houston makes more three-pointers than its opponents, it is 11-10-1 against the spread and 11-11 overall. When Phoenix is out-shot from beyond the arc by its opponents, it is 8-8-1 ATS and 10-7 straight up.
- The Suns are the 13th-best three-point shooting team in the NBA, while the Rockets allow the 15th-fewest makes from deep.
Suns vs Rockets Stat Rankings
|Suns Rank||Suns AVG||Rockets AVG||Rockets Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from