The Cleveland Cavaliers (17-31) are heavy, 12.5-point underdogs as they try to turn around a four-game losing streak when they visit the Miami Heat (25-24) on Saturday, April 3, 2021 at American Airlines Arena. The game airs at 8:00 PM ET on BSOH. The matchup has a point total of 204.5.
The betting insights in this article reflect data from William Hill sportsbook as of April 2, 2021, 6:25 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Heat vs Cavaliers Betting Odds
Injury Report as of April 3
Gabe Vincent: Day To Day (Knee),
KZ Okpala: Out (Health and Safety Protocols)
Jarrett Allen: Out (Concussion),
Larry Nance Jr.: Out (Illness),
Dylan Windler: Out (Knee)
|Spread Pick||Cavaliers (+12.5)|
|Total Pick||Over (204.5)|
|Prediction||Heat 112, Cavaliers 101|
The spread for this game suggested by the model (11.1 points) is slightly less than the 12.5-point edge William Hill gives to the Heat, though the data still has them as the favorite.
The model projects a total (213.7 points) much higher than the one set by William Hill for this matchup (204.5 points). Take the over.
Heat Key Players
Heat Player Props
- Jimmy Butler’s assists prop over/under for the game is set at 4.5 assists, 2.7 assists less than his season average of 7.2.
- Bam Adebayo’s PRA prop over/under for the contest is set at 39.5, 5.3 higher than his season average of 34.2.
- Duncan Robinson’s three pointers made prop over/under for the contest is set at 3.5, 0.1 shots greater than his season average of 3.4.
- Butler’s steals prop total for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.5 steals lower than his season average of 2.0.
Cavaliers Key Players
|Larry Nance Jr.||29||10.1||7.1||3.1||1.8||0.6||1.2|
Cavaliers Player Props
- Collin Sexton’s PRA prop total for the game is set at 34.5, 3.5 greater than his season average of 31.0.
- Darius Garland’s PRA prop total for the contest is set at 26.5, 2.0 greater than his season average of 24.5.
- Cedi Osman’s three pointers made prop total for the contest is set at 0.5, 1.2 shots lower than his season average of 1.7.
- Jarrett Allen’s blocks prop total for the game is set at 1.5, 0.2 blocks lower than his season average of 1.7.
- The Heat are shooting 45.7% from the field this season, 2.1 percentage points lower than the 47.8% the Cavaliers allow to opponents.
- Miami is 10-6-1 against the spread and 12-5 overall when it shoots better than 47.8% from the field.
- Cleveland’s record is 13-7 against the spread and 14-6 overall when its opponents make more than 45.7% of their shots from the field.
- The Cavaliers’ 44.8% shooting percentage from the field this season is -0.3 percentage points lower than the Heat have given up to their opponents (44.5%).
- This season, Cleveland has a 16-11 record against the spread and a 14-13 record overall in games the team collectively shoots over 44.5% from the field.
- This season, Miami has a 16-11 record against the spread and a 20-7 straight up record when it allows opponents to shoot over 44.8% from the field.
- The Heat shoot 34.4% from three-point range, 4.1% lower than the 38.5% the Cavaliers allow to opponents.
- Miami has a 7-5-1 record against the spread and a 9-4 record overall when the team knocks down more than 38.5% of its three-point shots.
- Cleveland has put up an 11-6 against the spread while going 9-8 overall in games this season when its opponents shoot better than 34.4% from deep.
- The Cavaliers are knocking down 33.4% of their shots from three-point distance, which is 2.9 percentage points fewer than the 36.3% the Heat’s opponents are averaging on the season.
- Cleveland has a 13-4 ATS record and is 11-6 straight-up when the team hits more than 36.3% of its three-point attempts.
- Miami has a 12-7 ATS record and a 12-7 straight-up record this season when it hits more than 33.4% of its three-point attempts.
- The Heat hit 12.6 three-pointers per game this season, 3.3 more made shots on average than the 9.3 per game the Cavaliers give up.
- When Miami makes more three-pointers than its opponents, it is 6-5 against the spread and 9-2 overall. When Cleveland is out-shot from deep by its opponents, it is 7-24 ATS and 7-24 straight up.
- The Heat make the 17th-most three-pointers in the league, while the Cavaliers allow the 11th-fewest makes from beyond the arc.
Heat vs Cavaliers Stat Rankings
|Heat Rank||Heat AVG||Cavaliers AVG||Cavaliers Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from