Nickeil Alexander-Walker leads the New Orleans Pelicans (21-26) into a matchup with the Atlanta Hawks (24-24) after scoring 31 points in a 115-110 loss to the Magic. The Pelicans are 2-point underdogs in the matchup on Friday, April 2, 2021, which starts at 9:00 PM ET on BSSE. The matchup’s over/under is set at 223.5.
The betting insights in this article reflect data from DraftKings sportsbook as of April 2, 2021, 7:05 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Hawks vs Pelicans Betting Odds
Injury Report as of April 2
John Collins: Out (Ankle),
Cam Reddish: Out (Achilles),
Kris Dunn: Out (Ankle),
De’Andre Hunter: Out (Knee)
Lonzo Ball: Out (Hip),
Brandon Ingram: Out (Foot),
Zion Williamson: Out (Thumb)
|Spread Pick||Pelicans (+2)|
|Total Pick||Over (223.5)|
|Prediction||Pelicans 114, Hawks 112|
The model line is much more favorable to the Pelicans compared to the DraftKings line, a 4.0 point difference, and has them favored to win Friday’s game outright. Put your money on the Pelicans.
In this game, the model projects a total (226.8 points) a little higher than the DraftKings over/under (223.5 points).
Hawks Key Players
Hawks Player Props
- Trae Young’s assists prop total for the matchup is listed at 9.5 assists, 0.1 less than his season average of 9.6.
- Clint Capela’s PRA prop over/under for the contest is set at 29.5, 0.5 less than his season average of 30.0.
- Young’s three pointers made prop total for the contest is set at 2.5, 0.1 shots greater than his season average of 2.4.
- Capela’s blocks prop over/under for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.7 blocks lower than his season average of 2.2.
Pelicans Key Players
Pelicans Player Props
- Zion Williamson’s points prop total for the contest is set at 28.5, 2.1 points higher than his season average of 26.4.
- Lonzo Ball’s PRA prop total for the game is set at 23.5, 0.4 lower than his season average of 23.9.
- Ball’s three pointers made prop total for the game is set at 2.5, 0.5 shots lower than his season average of 3.0.
- Ball’s steals prop over/under for the game is set at 1.5, 0.2 steals greater than his season average of 1.3.
- This season, the Hawks have a 46.1% shooting percentage from the field, which is 0.9% lower than the 47% of shots the Pelicans’ opponents have knocked down.
- Atlanta has a 13-8 record against the spread and a 12-9 straight-up record in games it shoots higher than 47% from the field.
- New Orleans has a 14-7 record against the spread and a 15-6 record overall when allowing its opponents to make more than 46.1% of their shots from the field.
- The Pelicans are shooting 48.6% from the field, 2.6% higher than the 46% the Hawks’ opponents have shot this season.
- New Orleans is 20-13 against the spread and 18-15 overall when it shoots higher than 46% from the field.
- This season, Atlanta has a 19-10-1 record against the spread and a 22-8 straight up record when it allows opponents to shoot above 48.6% from the field.
- The Hawks are making 36.6% of their three-point shots this season, 2.1% lower than the 38.7% the Pelicans allow opponents to shoot from deep.
- Atlanta has a 12-3-1 record against the spread and a 12-4 record overall when the team knocks down more than 38.7% of its three-point shots.
- New Orleans is 14-7 against the spread while putting together a 16-5 straight-up record when its opponents shoot over 36.6% from downtown.
- The Pelicans are hitting 36% of their shots from beyond the arc, which is -1 percentage points fewer than the 35% the Hawks’ opponents are averaging on the season.
- New Orleans has a 16-8 ATS record and is 15-9 straight-up when the team hits more than 35% of its three-point attempts.
- Atlanta has a 17-10 ATS record and a 17-10 straight-up record in games this season it has shot better than 36% from three-point range.
- The Hawks’ 12.6 made three-pointers per game this season is 1.3 more made shots on average than the 11.3 per game the Pelicans allow.
- When Atlanta makes more threes than its opponents, it is 15-7-1 against the spread and 16-7 overall. When New Orleans is out-shot from deep by its opponents, it is 12-22 ATS and 12-23 straight up.
- The Pelicans rank 23rd in the NBA in made three-pointers, while the Hawks give up the seventh-fewest made threes in the league.
Hawks vs Pelicans Stat Rankings
|Hawks Rank||Hawks AVG||Pelicans AVG||Pelicans Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from