The Dallas Mavericks (25-21) visit the New York Knicks (24-24) as 5.5-point favorites after Luka Doncic went off for 36 points in the Mavericks’ 113-108 victory over the Celtics. The game airs on NBA TV at 7:30 PM ET on Friday, April 2, 2021. The matchup has an over/under of 213.5 points.
The betting insights in this article reflect data from William Hill sportsbook as of April 1, 2021, 3:55 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Mavericks vs Knicks Betting Odds
Injury Report as of April 2
Tyrell Terry: Day To Day (Personal),
JJ Redick: Out (Heel),
Willie Cauley-Stein: Day To Day (Health and Safety Protocols)
RJ Barrett: Day To Day (Ankle),
Mitchell Robinson: Out (Ankle),
Derrick Rose: Day To Day (Ankle)
|Spread Pick||Knicks (+5.5)|
|Total Pick||Over (213.5)|
|Prediction||Knicks 109, Mavericks 108|
The data strongly suggests betting on the Knicks in this one. The model favors them while William Hill has the Mavericks favored and the difference between the two is 5.9 points.
In this game, the model projects a total (216.2 points) slightly higher than the William Hill over/under (213.5 points).
Mavericks Key Players
|Tim Hardaway Jr.||45||16.6||3.4||1.7||0.5||0.1||3.0|
Mavericks Player Props
- Doncic’s points prop over/under for the contest is set at 30.5, 1.8 points higher than his season average of 28.7.
- Kristaps Porzingis’ rebounding prop over/under for the contest is listed at 9.5 boards, 0.6 rebounds greater than his season average of 8.9.
- Tim Hardaway Jr.’s three pointers made prop over/under for the contest is set at 3.5, 0.5 shots greater than his season average of 3.0.
- Doncic’s steals prop total for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.5 steals higher than his season average of 1.0.
Knicks Key Players
Knicks Player Props
- Julius Randle’s assists prop over/under for the matchup is posted at 7.5 assists, 1.7 assists greater than his season average of 5.8.
- Reggie Bullock’s three pointers made prop total for the game is set at 3.5, 1.5 shots greater than his season average of 2.0.
- Nerlens Noel’s blocks prop total for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.5 blocks lower than his season average of 2.0.
- The Mavericks make 47.2% of their shots from the field this season, which is three percentage points higher than the Knicks have allowed to their opponents (44.2%).
- In games Dallas shoots better than 44.2% from the field, it is 18-14 against the spread and 21-11 overall.
- New York is 22-11 against the spread and 19-14 overall when allowing opponents to shoot higher than 47.2% from the field.
- The Knicks have shot at a 45.1% clip from the field this season, 0.8 percentage points fewer than the 45.9% shooting opponents of the Mavericks have averaged.
- New York has compiled a 17-5 record against the spread and a 17-5 straight up record in games it shoots over 45.9% from the field.
- This season, Dallas has a 16-4 record against the spread and a 15-5 straight up record when it allows opponents to shoot over 45.1% from the field.
- The Mavericks shoot 36.2% from deep, 2.6% higher than the 33.6% the Knicks allow to opponents.
- Dallas has a 16-13 record against the spread and a 19-10 record overall when the team connects on more than 33.6% of its three-point shots.
- New York is 18-12 against the spread while putting up an 18-12 straight-up record when its opponents shoot above 36.2% from downtown.
- The Knicks shoot 37.4% from three-point distance this season. That’s 0.7 percentage points higher than the Mavericks have allowed their opponents to shoot from deep (36.7%).
- New York is 17-9 ATS and 16-10 overall when the team hits more than 36.7% of its three-point attempts.
- Dallas is 16-7 ATS and 17-6 overall in games it shoots above 37.4% from deep.
- The Mavericks’ 13.7 made three-pointers per game this season is 2.9 more made shots on average than the 10.8 per game the Knicks give up.
- Dallas has gone 17-5 against the spread and 18-4 overall this season in games it has out-shot its opponents from the three-point line. When New York makes fewer three-pointers than its opponents, it is 12-15 ATS and 9-18 straight up.
- The Knicks rank 25th in the NBA in made three-pointers, while the Mavericks allow the 24th-fewest made threes in the league.
Mavericks vs Knicks Stat Rankings
|Mavericks Rank||Mavericks AVG||Knicks AVG||Knicks Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from