Ja Morant leads the Memphis Grizzlies (22-23) into a matchup against the Minnesota Timberwolves (12-36) after scoring 36 points in a 111-107 loss to the Jazz. The Timberwolves are 7-point underdogs in the matchup on Friday, April 2, 2021, which tips at 8:00 PM ET on BSN. The over/under is 232 in the matchup.
The betting insights in this article reflect data from FanDuel sportsbook as of April 2, 2021, 1:05 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Grizzlies vs Timberwolves Betting Odds
Injury Report as of April 2
Justise Winslow: Out (Thigh),
Jaren Jackson Jr.: Out (Knee),
Grayson Allen: Day To Day (Hip)
Josh Okogie: Day To Day (Health and Safety Protocols),
D’Angelo Russell: Out (Leg)
|Spread Pick||Grizzlies (-7)|
|Total Pick||Under (232)|
|Prediction||Grizzlies 118, Timberwolves 107|
The Grizzlies are the bet in this contest. They’re favored by 3.6 more points in the model than FanDuel (10.6 to 7).
In this matchup, the model projects a total (224.4 points) considerably lower than the FanDuel over/under (232 points). Bet on the under.
Grizzlies Key Players
Grizzlies Player Props
- Morant’s assists prop over/under for the game is posted at 8.5 assists, 1.0 assist greater than his season average of 7.5.
- Jonas Valanciunas’ rebounding prop total for the matchup is set at 20.5 rebounds, 7.9 rebounds greater than his season average of 12.6.
- Grayson Allen’s three pointers made prop over/under for the contest is set at 2.5, 0.5 shots higher than his season average of 2.0.
- Dillon Brooks’ steals prop over/under for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.2 steals higher than his season average of 1.3.
Timberwolves Key Players
Timberwolves Player Props
- Karl-Anthony Towns’ PRA prop total for the matchup is set at 42.5, 3.5 greater than his season average of 39.0.
- Ricky Rubio’s PRA prop total for the game is set at 22.5, 4.1 greater than his season average of 18.4.
- Malik Beasley’s three pointers made prop total for the game is set at 3.5, equal to his season average of 3.5.
- Rubio’s steals prop total for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.1 steals higher than his season average of 1.4.
- This season, the Grizzlies have a 46.3% shooting percentage from the field, which is 1.7% lower than the 48% of shots the Timberwolves’ opponents have knocked down.
- Memphis has a 13-3 record against the spread and a 13-3 straight-up record in games it shoots better than 48% from the field.
- Minnesota is 12-5 against the spread and 8-9 overall when allowing opponents to shoot higher than 46.3% from the field.
- The Timberwolves’ 44% shooting percentage from the field this season is 2.7 percentage points lower than the Grizzlies have allowed to their opponents (46.7%).
- Minnesota is 6-4-1 against the spread and 4-7 overall when it shoots better than 46.7% from the field.
- Memphis is 14-2 against the spread and 12-4 overall in games it allows opponents to shoot greater than 44% from the field.
- The Grizzlies shoot 34.7% from three-point range, 3.9% lower than the 38.6% the Timberwolves allow to opponents.
- Memphis has assembled an 11-2 record against the spread and a 9-4 straight-up record in games this season when the team hits more than 38.6% of its three-point shots.
- Minnesota is 13-4 against the spread while putting together a 7-10 straight-up record when its opponents shoot over 34.7% from downtown.
- The Timberwolves shoot 34.6% from three-point distance this season. That’s 2.2 percentage points lower than the Grizzlies have allowed their opponents to shoot from deep (36.8%).
- Minnesota has a 10-7 ATS record and is 5-12 straight-up when the team hits more than 36.8% of its three-point attempts.
- Memphis has a 15-2 ATS record and a 12-5 straight-up record in games this season it has shot better than 34.6% from three-point range.
- The Grizzlies make 10.4 three-pointers per game this season, 2.2 fewer made shots on average than the 12.6 per game the Timberwolves give up.
- Minnesota has gone 17-9 against the spread and 9-17 overall this season in games it has out-shot its opponents from the three-point line. When Memphis makes fewer three-pointers than its opponents, it is 13-15 ATS and 11-17 straight up.
- The Grizzlies make the 29th-most three-pointers in the league, while the Timberwolves allow the 11th-fewest makes from beyond the arc.
Grizzlies vs Timberwolves Stat Rankings
|Grizzlies Rank||Grizzlies AVG||Timberwolves AVG||Timberwolves Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from