The Brooklyn Nets (33-15) host the Charlotte Hornets (24-22) as 3-point favorites after Kyrie Irving scored 31 points in the Nets’ 120-108 victory over the Rockets. The matchup airs on TNT at 7:30 PM ET on Thursday, April 1, 2021. The matchup has a point total of 224.5.
The betting insights in this article reflect data from DraftKings sportsbook as of April 1, 2021, 12:05 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Nets vs Hornets Betting Odds
Injury Report as of April 1
Kevin Durant: Out (Hamstring),
James Harden: Day To Day (Hamstring),
Spencer Dinwiddie: Out For Season (ACL),
Landry Shamet: Day To Day (Ankle)
Malik Monk: Day To Day (Foot),
LaMelo Ball: Out (Wrist)
|Spread Pick||Nets (-3)|
|Total Pick||Over (224.5)|
|Prediction||Nets 118, Hornets 111|
The DraftKings line for this game has the Nets favored by three, while the model predicts they’ll win by considerably more (7.4 points). Put your money on the Nets.
The DraftKings point total for this game is just 4.3 points lower than the model projection.
Nets Key Players
Nets Player Props
- James Harden’s PRA prop total for the contest is set at 48.5, 3.4 higher than his season average of 45.1.
- Kevin Durant’s points prop over/under for the contest is set at 30.5, 1.5 points greater than his season average of 29.0.
- Joe Harris’ three pointers made prop over/under for the game is set at 2.5, 0.8 shots less than his season average of 3.3.
- Harden’s steals prop over/under for the game is set at 1.5, 0.3 steals higher than his season average of 1.2.
Hornets Key Players
Hornets Player Props
- Terry Rozier’s points prop over/under for the game is set at 21.5, 0.8 points greater than his season average of 20.7.
- Cody Zeller’s rebounding prop over/under for the contest is listed at 3.5 rebounds, 3.6 rebounds lower than his season average of 7.1.
- Rozier’s three pointers made prop over/under for the contest is set at 3.5, 0.1 shots higher than his season average of 3.4.
- P.J. Washington’s blocks prop over/under for the game is set at 1.5, 0.2 blocks higher than his season average of 1.3.
- This season, the Nets have a 49.4% shooting percentage from the field, which is 2.6% higher than the 46.8% of shots the Hornets’ opponents have hit.
- Brooklyn has a 19-17 record against the spread and a 28-8 straight-up record in games it shoots better than 46.8% from the field.
- Charlotte’s record is 22-7 against the spread and 21-9 overall when its opponents make more than 49.4% of their shots from the field.
- The Hornets are shooting 46.2% from the field, 0.2% lower than the 46.4% the Nets’ opponents have shot this season.
- This season, Charlotte has a 19-6 record against the spread and an 18-7 record overall in games the team collectively shoots better than 46.4% from the field.
- When Brooklyn’s opponents shoot over 46.2% from the field, it is 13-10 against the spread and 17-6 overall.
- The Nets’ 39.1% three-point shooting percentage this season is 2.9 percentage points higher than opponents of the Hornets have shot from beyond the arc (36.2%).
- Brooklyn is 18-12 against the spread and 23-7 overall when it shoots better than 36.2% from distance.
- Charlotte has put up an 18-10 against the spread while going 19-10 overall in games this season when its opponents shoot better than 39.1% from deep.
- The Hornets are knocking down 38.4% of their shots from three-point range, which is two percentage points higher than the 36.4% the Nets’ opponents are averaging on the season.
- Charlotte is 20-9 against the spread and 19-11 overall when shooting above 36.4% as a team from three-point range.
- Brooklyn has a 13-14 ATS record and a 21-6 straight-up record in games this season it has shot better than 38.4% from three-point distance.
- The Nets knock down 14.2 three-pointers per game this season, just 0.2 more makes per game than the Hornets allow 14.
- When Brooklyn makes more three-pointers than its opponents, it is 15-13 against the spread and 20-8 overall. When Charlotte is out-shot from deep by its opponents, it is 7-13 ATS and 6-14 straight up.
- The Nets rank sixth in the NBA in made three-pointers, while the Hornets give up the 28th-fewest made threes in the league.
Nets vs Hornets Stat Rankings
|Nets Rank||Nets AVG||Hornets AVG||Hornets Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from