The Atlanta Hawks (23-24) visit the San Antonio Spurs (24-21) in a matchup of Southeast Division teams at AT&T Center, tipping off at 8:30 PM ET on Thursday, April 1, 2021. The Hawks are 1-point favorites in the game, the second matchup between the squads this season. The matchup’s point total is set at 221.
The betting insights in this article reflect data from DraftKings sportsbook as of April 1, 2021, 12:05 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Hawks vs Spurs Betting Odds
Injury Report as of April 1
John Collins: Out (Ankle),
Cam Reddish: Out (Achilles),
Kris Dunn: Out (Ankle),
De’Andre Hunter: Day To Day (Knee)
Trey Lyles: Day To Day (Ankle),
Lonnie Walker IV: Day To Day (Wrist),
Keita Bates-Diop: Day To Day (Hamstring),
Gorgui Dieng: Day To Day (Shoulder)
|Spread Pick||Spurs (+1)|
|Total Pick||Over (221)|
|Prediction||Spurs 112, Hawks 111|
While DraftKings has the Hawks winning by one, the model has the Spurs taking home the victory, though the margin is fairly small (1.5 points). Lean toward taking the Spurs.
DraftKings and the model are extremely close in their point total projections for this game, within 1.0 point of each other.
Hawks Key Players
Hawks Player Props
- Trae Young’s PRA prop total for the contest is set at 37.5, 1.4 less than his season average of 38.9.
- Clint Capela’s PRA prop over/under for the contest is set at 28.5, 1.1 lower than his season average of 29.6.
- Young’s three pointers made prop total for the game is set at 2.5, 0.1 shots greater than his season average of 2.4.
- Capela’s blocks prop over/under for the game is set at 2.5, 0.4 blocks higher than his season average of 2.1.
Spurs Key Players
Spurs Player Props
- DeMar DeRozan’s assists prop over/under for the game is listed at 7.5 assists, 0.3 assists greater than his season average of 7.2.
- Jakob Poeltl’s PRA prop total for the contest is set at 24.5, 7.0 greater than his season average of 17.5.
- Patty Mills’ three pointers made prop total for the contest is set at 2.5, 0.2 shots lower than his season average of 2.7.
- Dejounte Murray’s steals prop total for the game is set at 1.5, equal to his season average of 1.5.
- This season, the Hawks have a 46% shooting percentage from the field, which is 0.6% lower than the 46.6% of shots the Spurs’ opponents have hit.
- Atlanta is 13-8 against the spread and 12-9 overall when it shoots higher than 46.6% from the field.
- San Antonio has an 18-6 record against the spread and a 17-7 record overall when allowing its opponents to knock down more than 46% of their shots from the field.
- The Spurs are shooting 46% from the field, which equals what the Hawks’ opponents have shot this season.
- San Antonio is 16-7 against the spread and 15-8 overall when it shoots higher than 46% from the field.
- When Atlanta’s opponents shoot over 46% from the field, it is 16-6-1 against the spread and 19-4 overall.
- The Hawks’ 36.3% three-point shooting percentage this season is only 1.3 percentage points lower than opponents of the Spurs have shot from deep (37.6%).
- Atlanta has put together a 13-4-1 record against the spread and a 13-5 straight-up record in games this season when the team knocks down more than 37.6% of its three-point shots.
- San Antonio is 17-4 against the spread while putting together a 16-5 straight-up record when its opponents shoot over 36.3% from three-point distance.
- The Spurs are knocking down 36.1% of their shots from three-point range, which is only one percentage point greater than the 35.1% the Hawks’ opponents are averaging on the season.
- San Antonio is 17-8-1 ATS and 16-10 overall when the team makes more than 35.1% of its three-point attempts.
- Atlanta has a 16-10 ATS record and a 16-10 straight-up record this season when it makes more than 36.1% of its three-point attempts.
- The Hawks’ 12.6 made three-pointers per game this season is two more made shots on average than the 10.6 per game the Spurs give up.
- Atlanta has gone 15-7-1 against the spread and 16-7 overall this season in games it has out-shot its opponents from the three-point line. When San Antonio hits fewer threes than its opponents, it is 11-19-1 ATS and 11-20 straight up.
- The Spurs are the 28th-best three-point shooting team in the NBA, while the Hawks give up the sixth-fewest makes from deep.
Hawks vs Spurs Stat Rankings
|Hawks Rank||Hawks AVG||Spurs AVG||Spurs Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from