The New Orleans Pelicans (21-25) host the Orlando Magic (16-31) in a matchup of Southwest Division teams at Smoothie King Center, beginning at 8:00 PM ET on Thursday, April 1, 2021. The Magic are 10.5-point underdogs in the game, the first matchup between the teams this season. The matchup has an over/under set at 223 points.
The betting insights in this article reflect data from DraftKings sportsbook as of April 1, 2021, 1:05 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Pelicans vs Magic Betting Odds
Injury Report as of April 1
Lonzo Ball: Day To Day (Hip),
Zion Williamson: Day To Day (Thumb)
Jonathan Isaac: Out For Season (Knee),
Gary Harris: Out (Thigh),
Cole Anthony: Out (Rib),
Markelle Fultz: Out For Season (Knee),
Karim Mane: Day To Day (Hamstring)
|Spread Pick||Magic (+10.5)|
|Total Pick||Under (223)|
|Prediction||Pelicans 116, Magic 107|
The spread for this matchup suggested by the model (9.3 points) is a little bit less than the 10.5-point edge DraftKings gives to the Pelicans, though the data still has them as the favorite.
DraftKings and the model are extremely close in their point total projections for this contest, within 0.5 points of each other.
Pelicans Key Players
Pelicans Player Props
- Zion Williamson’s points prop over/under for the game is set at 28.5, 2.1 points higher than his season average of 26.4.
- Lonzo Ball’s PRA prop over/under for the contest is set at 24.5, 0.6 greater than his season average of 23.9.
- Ball’s three pointers made prop total for the contest is set at 3.5, 0.5 shots higher than his season average of 3.0.
- James Johnson’s blocks prop over/under for the contest is set at 0.5, 0.3 blocks lower than his season average of 0.8.
Magic Key Players
|Wendell Carter Jr.||34||10.8||7.7||2.1||0.6||0.8||0.3|
|Otto Porter Jr.||27||9.8||5.6||2.0||0.5||0.1||1.4|
Magic Player Props
- Terrence Ross’ PRA prop total for the contest is set at 29.5, 7.8 higher than his season average of 21.7.
- Michael Carter-Williams’ PRA prop total for the contest is set at 18.5, 0.8 higher than his season average of 17.7.
- Ross’ three pointers made prop over/under for the game is set at 4.5, 2.3 shots higher than his season average of 2.2.
- Mohamed Bamba’s blocks prop total for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.5 blocks higher than his season average of 1.0.
- The Pelicans are shooting 48.7% from the field this season, 2.2 percentage points higher than the 46.5% the Magic allow to opponents.
- New Orleans has a 20-12 record against the spread and an 18-14 straight-up record in games it shoots higher than 46.5% from the field.
- Orlando is 18-12-1 against the spread and 13-18 overall when allowing opponents to shoot better than 48.7% from the field.
- The Magic have shot at a 43.1% rate from the field this season, four percentage points less than the 47.1% shooting opponents of the Pelicans have averaged.
- Orlando has put together a 10-0 record against the spread and a 9-1 straight up record in games it shoots better than 47.1% from the field.
- This season, New Orleans has a 9-4 record against the spread and a 10-3 straight up record when it allows opponents to shoot higher than 43.1% from the field.
- The Pelicans’ 35.9% three-point shooting percentage this season is only 0.5 percentage points lower than opponents of the Magic have shot from deep (36.4%).
- New Orleans has assembled a 14-6 record against the spread and a 14-6 straight-up record in games this season when the team hits more than 36.4% of its three-point shots.
- Orlando is 17-8 against the spread while putting up a 13-12 straight-up record when its opponents shoot above 35.9% from three-point distance.
- The Magic shoot 35.7% from beyond the arc this season. That’s just 3.3 percentage points lower than the Pelicans have allowed their opponents to shoot from deep (39%).
- Orlando is 13-2 against the spread and 8-7 overall when shooting over 39% as a team from three-point range.
- New Orleans has a 14-6 ATS record and a 16-4 straight-up record in games this season it has shot better than 35.7% from three-point distance.
- The Pelicans’ 11.3 made three-pointers per game this season are only 0.6 fewer made shots on average than the 11.9 per game the Magic give up.
- When Orlando makes more three-pointers than its opponents, it is 13-5 against the spread and 10-8 overall. When New Orleans is out-shot from deep by its opponents, it is 12-22 ATS and 12-23 straight up.
- The Pelicans rank 23rd in the NBA in made three-pointers, while the Magic give up the 25th-fewest made threes in the league.
Pelicans vs Magic Stat Rankings
|Pelicans Rank||Pelicans AVG||Magic AVG||Magic Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from