A game after he went off for 34 points in a 115-109 loss to the Pelicans, Jayson Tatum leads the Boston Celtics (23-24) at home against the Dallas Mavericks (24-21) on Wednesday, March 31, 2021. The Celtics are underdogs by 1 point in the matchup, which begins at 7:30 PM ET on ESPN. The matchup’s point total is set at 225.
The betting insights in this article reflect data from DraftKings sportsbook as of March 31, 2021, 7:05 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Mavericks vs Celtics Betting Odds
Injury Report as of March 31
Tyrell Terry: Out (Personal),
JJ Redick: Out (Heel),
Willie Cauley-Stein: Out (Health and Safety Protocols)
Romeo Langford: Day To Day (Health and Safety Protocols),
Jaylen Brown: Day To Day (Hip),
Tristan Thompson: Out (Health and Safety Protocols),
Semi Ojeleye: Out (Side)
|Spread Pick||Celtics (+1)|
|Total Pick||Under (225)|
|Prediction||Celtics 113, Mavericks 110|
The data strongly suggests betting on the Celtics in this one. The model favors them while DraftKings has the Mavericks favored and the difference between the two is 3.6 points.
The model projects a total 1.7 points lower than the one set by DraftKings for this game.
Mavericks Key Players
|Tim Hardaway Jr.||44||16.8||3.4||1.7||0.5||0.1||3.0|
Mavericks Player Props
- Luka Doncic’s points prop over/under for the game is set at 29.5, 1.0 point greater than his season average of 28.5.
- Kristaps Porzingis’ rebounding prop total for the contest is listed at 9.5 rebounds, 0.6 rebounds greater than his season average of 8.9.
- Doncic’s three pointers made prop total for the contest is set at 3.5, 0.5 shots greater than his season average of 3.0.
- Doncic’s steals prop over/under for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.5 steals greater than his season average of 1.0.
Celtics Key Players
Celtics Player Props
- Tatum’s points prop total for the contest is set at 28.5, 3.2 points greater than his season average of 25.3.
- Marcus Smart’s PRA prop over/under for the game is set at 21.5, 0.2 higher than his season average of 21.3.
- Kemba Walker’s three pointers made prop over/under for the game is set at 3.5, 0.6 shots greater than his season average of 2.9.
- Smart’s steals prop over/under for the game is set at 1.5, 0.1 steals greater than his season average of 1.4.
- The Mavericks are shooting 47.1% from the field this season, 0.5 percentage points higher than the 46.6% the Celtics allow to opponents.
- Dallas is 15-9 against the spread and 18-6 overall when it shoots higher than 46.6% from the field.
- Boston is 16-8 against the spread and 16-8 overall when allowing opponents to shoot better than 47.1% from the field.
- The Celtics’ 46.9% shooting percentage from the field this season is 0.9 percentage points higher than the Mavericks have allowed to their opponents (46%).
- This season, Boston has an 18-10 record against the spread and a 19-9 record overall in games the team collectively shoots higher than 46% from the field.
- When Dallas’ opponents shoot above 46.9% from the field, it is 18-10 against the spread and 19-9 overall.
- The Mavericks shoot 35.9% from three-point range, 1.2% lower than the 37.1% the Celtics allow to opponents.
- Dallas has a 9-8 record against the spread and an 11-6 record overall when the team connects on more than 37.1% of its three-point shots.
- Boston is 12-11 against the spread while putting up a 12-11 straight-up record when its opponents shoot above 35.9% from beyond the arc.
- The Celtics are knocking down 37.7% of their shots from deep, which is only 0.7 percentage points greater than the 37% the Mavericks’ opponents are averaging on the season.
- Boston is 18-8 ATS and 19-7 overall when the team makes more than 37% of its three-point attempts.
- Dallas has a 15-7 ATS record and a 16-6 straight-up record this season when it knocks down more than 37.7% of its three-point attempts.
- The Mavericks make 13.6 three-pointers per game this season, only 0.6 more made shots on average than the 13 per game the Celtics give up.
- When Dallas makes more threes than its opponents, it is 16-5 against the spread and 17-4 overall. When Boston is out-shot from beyond the arc by its opponents, it is 7-14 ATS and 8-13 straight up.
- The Celtics rank 12th in the NBA in made three-pointers, while the Mavericks allow the 24th-fewest made threes in the league.
Mavericks vs Celtics Stat Rankings
|Mavericks Rank||Mavericks AVG||Celtics AVG||Celtics Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from