A game after he went off for 31 points in a 112-107 loss to the Nets, Karl-Anthony Towns leads the Minnesota Timberwolves (11-36) at home against the New York Knicks (24-23) on Wednesday, March 31, 2021. The Timberwolves are underdogs by 3.5 points in the matchup, which starts at 8:00 PM ET on MSG. The over/under is 219 for the matchup.
The betting insights in this article reflect data from DraftKings sportsbook as of March 31, 2021, 1:05 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Knicks vs Timberwolves Betting Odds
Injury Report as of March 31
Mitchell Robinson: Out (Ankle),
Derrick Rose: Day To Day (Ankle)
Josh Okogie: Day To Day (Health and Safety Protocols),
D’Angelo Russell: Out (Leg)
|Spread Pick||Knicks (-3.5)|
|Total Pick||Under (219)|
|Prediction||Knicks 112, Timberwolves 106|
Both DraftKings and the model expect the Knicks to walk away with the win, but the model spread (5.1) is 1.6 points further in their direction.
The model predicts a total 1.1 points lower than the one set by DraftKings for this game.
Knicks Key Players
Knicks Player Props
- Julius Randle’s rebounding prop total for the game is posted at 9.5 boards, 1.3 rebounds less than his season average of 10.8.
- Reggie Bullock’s three pointers made prop over/under for the game is set at 3.5, 1.5 shots greater than his season average of 2.0.
- Mitchell Robinson’s steals prop total for the game is set at 0.5, 0.7 steals lower than his season average of 1.2.
Timberwolves Key Players
Timberwolves Player Props
- Towns’ PRA prop total for the game is set at 41.5, 2.6 higher than his season average of 38.9.
- Ricky Rubio’s PRA prop total for the contest is set at 22.5, 4.1 greater than his season average of 18.4.
- Malik Beasley’s three pointers made prop over/under for the contest is set at 3.5, equal to his season average of 3.5.
- Rubio’s steals prop total for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.1 steals higher than his season average of 1.4.
- The Knicks are shooting 45.1% from the field this season, 2.9 percentage points lower than the 48% the Timberwolves allow to opponents.
- In games New York shoots better than 48% from the field, it is 15-2 against the spread and 15-2 overall.
- Minnesota is 9-4-1 against the spread and 6-8 overall when allowing opponents to shoot better than 45.1% from the field.
- The Timberwolves are shooting 44% from the field, 0.3% lower than the 44.3% the Knicks’ opponents have shot this season.
- This season, Minnesota has a 10-8-1 record against the spread and a 6-13 record overall in games the team collectively shoots better than 44.3% from the field.
- New York is 17-6 against the spread and 16-7 overall in games it allows opponents to shoot higher than 44% from the field.
- The Knicks’ 37.2% three-point shooting percentage this season is only 1.2 percentage points lower than opponents of the Timberwolves have shot from beyond the arc (38.4%).
- New York has assembled a 16-4 record against the spread and a 15-5 straight-up record in games this season when the team connects on more than 38.4% of its three-point shots.
- Minnesota is 14-8 against the spread and 7-15 overall when its opponents shoot higher than 37.2% from deep.
- The Timberwolves’ three-point shooting percentage this season (34.6%) is -1 percentage points lower than opponents of the Knicks are averaging (33.6%).
- Minnesota has a 12-12-2 ATS record and is 8-18 straight-up when the team makes more than 33.6% of its three-point attempts.
- New York has a 17-9 ATS record and a 17-9 straight-up record this season when it knocks down more than 34.6% of its three-point shots.
- The Knicks make 10.8 three-pointers per game this season, 1.8 fewer made shots on average than the 12.6 per game the Timberwolves allow.
- Minnesota has gone 14-9-2 against the spread and 8-17 overall this season in games it has out-shot its opponents from the three-point line. When New York hits fewer three-pointers than its opponents, it is 12-14 ATS and 9-17 straight up.
- The Timberwolves rank 15th in the NBA in made three-pointers, while the Knicks allow the ninth-fewest made threes in the league.
Knicks vs Timberwolves Stat Rankings
|Knicks Rank||Knicks AVG||Timberwolves AVG||Timberwolves Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from