The Washington Wizards (17-28) host the Charlotte Hornets (23-22) as 3.5-point underdogs after Russell Westbrook racked up 35 points in the Wizards’ 132-124 victory over the Pacers. The matchup airs on NBCS-DC at 7:00 PM ET on Tuesday, March 30, 2021. The over/under for the matchup is set at 228.5.
The betting insights in this article reflect data from DraftKings sportsbook as of March 30, 2021, 12:05 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Hornets vs Wizards Betting Odds
Injury Report as of March 30
Malik Monk: Day To Day (Foot),
LaMelo Ball: Out (Wrist)
Davis Bertans: Out (Calf),
Bradley Beal: Out (Hip),
Ish Smith: Out (Quad),
Daniel Gafford: Day To Day (Ankle),
Thomas Bryant: Out For Season (Left knee)
|Spread Pick||Wizards (+3.5)|
|Total Pick||Over (228.5)|
|Prediction||Hornets 115, Wizards 114|
The spread for this game suggested by the model (1.0 point) is a little tighter than the 3.5-point edge DraftKings gives to the Hornets, though the data still has them as the favorite.
The model’s predicted total (229.0 points) and the DraftKings set total (228.5 points) are virtually the same for this contest.
Hornets Key Players
Hornets Player Props
- Terry Rozier’s PRA prop total for the contest is set at 28.5, 0.6 greater than his season average of 27.9.
- Cody Zeller’s PRA prop total for the game is set at 14.5, 3.2 less than his season average of 17.7.
- Rozier’s three pointers made prop total for the contest is set at 3.5, 0.2 shots greater than his season average of 3.3.
- P.J. Washington’s blocks prop total for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.2 blocks higher than his season average of 1.3.
Wizards Key Players
Wizards Player Props
- Bradley Beal’s assists prop over/under for the matchup is posted at 12.5 assists, 2.0 assists greater than his season average of 10.5.
- Bradley Beal’s points prop total for the contest is set at 31.5, 0.2 points greater than his season average of 31.3.
- Russell Westbrook’s steals prop total for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.2 steals higher than his season average of 1.3.
- The Hornets make 46.2% of their shots from the field this season, which is 1.1 percentage points lower than the Wizards have allowed to their opponents (47.3%).
- Charlotte has a 17-6 record against the spread and a 16-7 straight-up record in games it shoots higher than 47.3% from the field.
- Washington has a 10-7 record against the spread and a 9-9 record overall when allowing its opponents to hit more than 46.2% of their shots from the field.
- The Wizards have shot at a 46.8% clip from the field this season, 0.1 percentage points below the 46.9% shooting opponents of the Hornets have averaged.
- Washington has compiled a 13-10 record against the spread and an 11-12 straight up record in games it shoots better than 46.9% from the field.
- This season, Charlotte has a 17-3 record against the spread and a 16-5 straight up record when it allows opponents to shoot greater than 46.8% from the field.
- The Hornets’ 38.4% three-point shooting percentage this season is only 0.1 percentage points higher than opponents of the Wizards have shot from deep (38.3%).
- Charlotte is 16-4 against the spread and 15-6 overall when it shoots better than 38.3% from distance.
- Washington has put up a 16-9 against the spread while going 11-14 overall in games this season when its opponents shoot better than 38.4% from downtown.
- The Wizards shoot 34.8% from beyond the arc this season. That’s 1.6 percentage points lower than the Hornets have allowed their opponents to shoot from deep (36.4%).
- Washington is 15-6 against the spread and 11-10 overall when shooting over 36.4% as a team from three-point range.
- Charlotte has a 13-6 ATS record and a 14-6 straight-up record this season when it makes more than 34.8% of its three-point attempts.
- The Hornets’ 14 made three-pointers per game this season is 3.2 more made shots on average than the 10.8 per game the Wizards allow.
- When Charlotte makes more threes than its opponents, it is 17-7 against the spread and 17-8 overall. When Washington is out-shot from beyond the arc by its opponents, it is 17-15 ATS and 12-21 straight up.
- The Wizards make the 26th-most three-pointers in the league, while the Hornets allow the 28th-fewest makes from beyond the arc.
Hornets vs Wizards Stat Rankings
|Hornets Rank||Hornets AVG||Wizards AVG||Wizards Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from