The Memphis Grizzlies (21-22) hit the road in Southwest Division action against the Houston Rockets (13-32) on Monday, March 29, 2021 at 8:00 PM ET. The Grizzlies are 5-point favorites in the game, the third matchup between the squads this season. The matchup has an over/under of 221.5 points.
The betting insights in this article reflect data from DraftKings sportsbook as of March 29, 2021, 7:05 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Grizzlies vs Rockets Betting Odds
Injury Report as of March 29
Jaren Jackson Jr.: Out (Knee)
Christian Wood: Day To Day (Knee),
David Nwaba: Out (Wrist),
Dante Exum: Out (Calf),
Eric Gordon: Out (Groin),
Avery Bradley: Day To Day (Calf)
|Spread Pick||Rockets (+5)|
|Total Pick||Over (221.5)|
|Prediction||Grizzlies 113, Rockets 109|
The model line and the DraftKings line are within 0.5 points of each other.
The model’s predicted total (221.7 points) and the DraftKings set total (221.5 points) are virtually the same for this contest.
Grizzlies Key Players
Grizzlies Player Props
- Ja Morant’s points prop over/under for the game is set at 18.5, 0.8 points lower than his season average of 19.3.
- Jonas Valanciunas’ PRA prop over/under for the game is set at 30.5, 0.5 greater than his season average of 30.0.
- Grayson Allen’s three pointers made prop total for the game is set at 1.5, 0.6 shots less than his season average of 2.1.
- Dillon Brooks’ steals prop over/under for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.2 steals higher than his season average of 1.3.
Rockets Key Players
Rockets Player Props
- Christian Wood’s PRA prop over/under for the game is set at 35.5, 2.9 greater than his season average of 32.6.
- John Wall’s PRA prop over/under for the game is set at 32.5, 1.8 higher than his season average of 30.7.
- Wood’s blocks prop total for the game is set at 1.5, 0.1 blocks higher than his season average of 1.4.
- The Grizzlies make 46.1% of their shots from the field this season, which is 0.5 percentage points lower than the Rockets have allowed to their opponents (46.6%).
- Memphis has a 16-4 record against the spread and a 16-4 straight-up record in games it shoots better than 46.6% from the field.
- Houston has a 12-9 record against the spread and a 12-9 record overall when allowing its opponents to hit more than 46.1% of their shots from the field.
- The Rockets are shooting 43.6% from the field, 3.3% lower than the 46.9% the Grizzlies’ opponents have shot this season.
- Houston is 8-6 against the spread and 8-6 overall when it shoots better than 46.9% from the field.
- When Memphis’ opponents shoot higher than 43.6% from the field, it is 10-1 against the spread and 10-1 overall.
- The Grizzlies shoot 34.8% from deep, 2.3% lower than the 37.1% the Rockets allow to opponents.
- Memphis is 12-2 against the spread and 9-5 overall when it shoots better than 37.1% from distance.
- Houston has put up a 9-10-1 against the spread while going 10-10 overall in games this season when its opponents shoot better than 34.8% from deep.
- The Rockets shoot 33.2% from beyond the arc this season. That’s 4.1 percentage points lower than the Grizzlies have allowed their opponents to shoot from deep (37.3%).
- Houston is 8-6 ATS and 8-6 overall when the team hits more than 37.3% of its three-point attempts.
- Memphis has an 11-1-1 ATS record and a 10-3 straight-up record this season when it connects on more than 33.2% of its three-point shots.
- The Grizzlies’ 10.5 made three-pointers per game this season is 2.9 fewer made shots on average than the 13.4 per game the Rockets allow.
- When Houston makes more threes than its opponents, it is 11-10-1 against the spread and 11-11 overall. When Memphis is out-shot from beyond the arc by its opponents, it is 12-15 ATS and 11-16 straight up.
- The Grizzlies are the 29th-best three-point shooting team in the NBA, while the Rockets allow the 14th-fewest makes from deep.
Grizzlies vs Rockets Stat Rankings
|Grizzlies Rank||Grizzlies AVG||Rockets AVG||Rockets Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from