The New Orleans Pelicans (20-25) visit the Boston Celtics (23-23) as 4-point underdogs after Zion Williamson put up 38 points in the Pelicans’ 112-103 victory over the Mavericks. The game airs on NBA TV at 7:30 PM ET on Monday, March 29, 2021. The matchup has an over/under set at 230.5 points.
The betting insights in this article reflect data from DraftKings sportsbook as of March 29, 2021, 1:05 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Celtics vs Pelicans Betting Odds
Injury Report as of March 29
Evan Fournier: Day To Day (Health protocols),
Romeo Langford: Out (Health and Safety Protocols),
Tristan Thompson: Out (Health and Safety Protocols),
Semi Ojeleye: Out (Side)
Lonzo Ball: Day To Day (Hip),
Jaxson Hayes: Day To Day (Wrist)
|Spread Pick||Celtics (-4)|
|Total Pick||Under (230.5)|
|Prediction||Celtics 116, Pelicans 111|
The model projects the Celtics to win, just as DraftKings does, but the model favors them by slightly more points (5.0 to 4).
The model predicts a total 3.7 points lower than the one set by DraftKings for this game.
Celtics Key Players
Celtics Player Props
- Jayson Tatum’s PRA prop over/under for the contest is set at 48.5, 12.3 greater than his season average of 36.2.
- Marcus Smart’s PRA prop total for the contest is set at 26.5, 5.2 higher than his season average of 21.3.
- Kemba Walker’s three pointers made prop over/under for the game is set at 2.5, 0.4 shots less than his season average of 2.9.
- Smart’s steals prop over/under for the contest is set at 1.5, equal to his season average of 1.5.
Pelicans Key Players
Pelicans Player Props
- Williamson’s points prop over/under for the contest is set at 30.5, 4.2 points higher than his season average of 26.3.
- Steven Adams’ rebounding prop over/under for the contest is set at 10.5 boards, 1.5 rebounds higher than his season average of 9.0.
- Lonzo Ball’s three pointers made prop over/under for the contest is set at 2.5, 0.5 shots less than his season average of 3.0.
- James Johnson’s blocks prop over/under for the game is set at 0.5, 0.3 blocks lower than his season average of 0.8.
- The Celtics are shooting 47% from the field this season, 0.2 percentage points lower than the 47.2% the Pelicans allow to opponents.
- Boston is 17-8 against the spread and 18-7 overall when it shoots higher than 47.2% from the field.
- New Orleans’ record is 14-6 against the spread and 15-5 overall when its opponents make more than 47% of their shots from the field.
- The Pelicans are shooting 48.7% from the field, 2.1% higher than the 46.6% the Celtics’ opponents have shot this season.
- New Orleans has put together an 18-12 record against the spread and a 16-14 straight up record in games it shoots over 46.6% from the field.
- When Boston’s opponents shoot greater than 48.7% from the field, it is 16-14 against the spread and 17-13 overall.
- The Celtics shoot 37.8% from deep, 1.3% lower than the 39.1% the Pelicans allow to opponents.
- Boston is 16-6 against the spread and 17-5 overall when it shoots better than 39.1% from distance.
- New Orleans is 14-7 against the spread and 16-5 overall when its opponents shoot higher than 37.8% from deep.
- The Pelicans’ three-point shooting percentage this season (35.5%) is 1.3 percentage points lower than opponents of the Celtics are averaging (36.8%).
- New Orleans is 13-6 against the spread and 13-6 overall when shooting over 36.8% as a team from three-point range.
- Boston has a 12-11 ATS record and a 12-11 straight-up record in games this season it has shot better than 35.5% from three-point range.
- The Celtics knock down 12.9 three-pointers per game this season, 1.7 more makes per game than the Pelicans give up (11.2).
- Boston has gone 15-8 against the spread and 15-8 overall this season in games it has out-shot its opponents from the three-point line. When New Orleans makes fewer three-pointers than its opponents, it is 12-22 ATS and 12-23 straight up.
- The Pelicans make the 23rd-most three-pointers in the league, while the Celtics allow the 17th-fewest makes from beyond the arc.
Celtics vs Pelicans Stat Rankings
|Celtics Rank||Celtics AVG||Pelicans AVG||Pelicans Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from