A game after he put up 32 points in a 110-105 win over the Heat, Malik Monk leads the Charlotte Hornets (23-21) at home against the Phoenix Suns (30-14) as 6-point underdogs. The matchup, which airs on FS-SE, begins at 1:00 PM ET on Sunday, March 28, 2021. The matchup has an over/under set at 219 points.
The betting insights in this article reflect data from FanDuel sportsbook as of March 28, 2021, 1:05 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Suns vs Hornets Betting Odds
Injury Report as of March 28
Abdel Nader: Out (Knee)
Malik Monk: Day To Day (Foot),
P.J. Washington: Day To Day (Leg),
LaMelo Ball: Out (Wrist)
|Spread Pick||Hornets (+6)|
|Total Pick||Over (219)|
|Prediction||Suns 113, Hornets 109|
The model favors the Suns by 4.2 points, just 1.8 less than the 6-point spread set by FanDuel.
The FanDuel point total for this game is just 3.7 points lower than the model projection.
Suns Key Players
Suns Player Props
- Devin Booker’s points prop over/under for the contest is set at 25.5, 0.6 points greater than his season average of 24.9.
- Chris Paul’s PRA prop total for the game is set at 28.5, 0.9 less than his season average of 29.4.
- Jae Crowder’s three pointers made prop over/under for the game is set at 2.5, 0.1 shots greater than his season average of 2.4.
- Deandre Ayton’s blocks prop total for the game is set at 1.5, 0.4 blocks higher than his season average of 1.1.
Hornets Key Players
Hornets Player Props
- Terry Rozier’s PRA prop over/under for the game is set at 26.5, 1.2 lower than his season average of 27.7.
- Cody Zeller’s PRA prop over/under for the contest is set at 16.5, 1.8 lower than his season average of 18.3.
- Rozier’s three pointers made prop over/under for the contest is set at 3.5, 0.2 shots greater than his season average of 3.3.
- P.J. Washington’s blocks prop over/under for the game is set at 1.5, 0.2 blocks higher than his season average of 1.3.
- The Suns make 48.9% of their shots from the field this season, which is 1.7 percentage points higher than the Hornets have allowed to their opponents (47.2%).
- Phoenix is 25-6 against the spread and 25-6 overall when it shoots better than 47.2% from the field.
- Charlotte’s record is 19-7 against the spread and 19-8 overall when its opponents make more than 48.9% of their shots from the field.
- The Hornets have shot at a 46.3% rate from the field this season, 0.6 percentage points higher than the 45.7% shooting opponents of the Suns have averaged.
- This season, Charlotte has an 18-9 record against the spread and a 17-10 record overall in games the team collectively shoots above 45.7% from the field.
- Phoenix is 18-4 against the spread and 18-4 overall in games it allows opponents to shoot higher than 46.3% from the field.
- The Suns’ 37.9% three-point shooting percentage this season is only 1.1 percentage points higher than opponents of the Hornets have shot from deep (36.8%).
- Phoenix has collected a 20-6 record against the spread and a 20-6 straight-up record in games this season when the team knocks down more than 36.8% of its three-point attempts.
- Charlotte is 15-10 against the spread and 17-9 overall when its opponents shoot better than 37.9% from deep.
- The Hornets are making 38.6% of their shots from deep, which is only 4.4 percentage points greater than the 34.2% the Suns’ opponents are averaging on the season.
- Charlotte is 21-10-1 ATS and 20-13 overall when the team hits more than 34.2% of its three-point attempts.
- Phoenix has a 22-6 ATS record and a 22-6 straight-up record in games this season it has shot better than 38.6% from three-point distance.
- The Suns hit 13 three-pointers per game this season, one fewer made shot on average than the 14 per game the Hornets give up.
- Charlotte is 16-6-1 against the spread and 17-7 overall when it connects on more threes than its opponents, while Phoenix is 8-7 ATS and 8-7 straight up in games when it is out-shot from distance.
- The Suns rank 12th in the NBA in made three-pointers, while the Hornets give up the 29th-fewest made threes in the league.
Suns vs Hornets Stat Rankings
|Suns Rank||Suns AVG||Hornets AVG||Hornets Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from