A pair of struggling teams hit the court when the Washington Wizards (15-28) host the Detroit Pistons (12-32) on Saturday, March 27, 2021 at 8:00 PM ET. The Wizards are 3.5-point favorites as they look to break a three-game losing streak against the Pistons, losers of three straight. The matchup has an over/under set at 227.5 points.
The betting insights in this article reflect data from DraftKings sportsbook as of March 27, 2021, 7:05 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Wizards vs Pistons Betting Odds
Injury Report as of March 27
Davis Bertans: Day To Day (Calf),
Ish Smith: Out (Quad),
Bradley Beal: Day To Day (Foot),
Thomas Bryant: Out For Season (Left knee)
Jahlil Okafor: Out (Knee),
Killian Hayes: Out (Hip),
Dennis Smith Jr.: Out (Spine)
|Spread Pick||Pistons (+3.5)|
|Total Pick||Under (227.5)|
|Prediction||Wizards 114, Pistons 113|
The spread for this matchup suggested by the model (0.8 points) is slightly less than the 3.5-point edge DraftKings gives to the Wizards, though the data still has them as the favorite.
The DraftKings point total for this matchup is just 1.2 points highter than the model projection.
Wizards Key Players
Wizards Player Props
- Bradley Beal’s assists prop total for the game is set at 10.5 assists, 0.2 assists greater than his season average of 10.3.
- Bradley Beal’s points prop total for the game is set at 35.5, 3.8 points higher than his season average of 31.7.
- Russell Westbrook’s steals prop over/under for the game is set at 1.5, 0.2 steals greater than his season average of 1.3.
Pistons Key Players
Pistons Player Props
- Mason Plumlee’s rebounding prop over/under for the contest is posted at 9.5 rebounds, equal to his season average of 9.5.
- Jerami Grant’s points prop total for the game is set at 19.5, 3.8 points lower than his season average of 23.3.
- Wayne Ellington’s three pointers made prop total for the game is set at 2.5, 0.2 shots less than his season average of 2.7.
- Dennis Smith Jr.’s steals prop over/under for the contest is set at 0.5, 0.6 steals lower than his season average of 1.1.
- This season, the Wizards have a 46.5% shooting percentage from the field, which is 1.1% lower than the 47.6% of shots the Pistons’ opponents have made.
- Washington has an 11-10 record against the spread and a 9-12 straight-up record in games it shoots higher than 47.6% from the field.
- Detroit is 12-7-1 against the spread and 9-12 overall when allowing opponents to shoot better than 46.5% from the field.
- The Pistons have shot at a 44.4% clip from the field this season, three percentage points less than the 47.4% shooting opponents of the Wizards have averaged.
- Detroit has put together a 9-2 record against the spread and a 6-6 straight up record in games it shoots over 47.4% from the field.
- When Washington’s opponents shoot greater than 44.4% from the field, it is 7-5 against the spread and 6-7 overall.
- The Wizards’ 34.4% three-point shooting percentage this season is 2.8 percentage points lower than opponents of the Pistons have shot from deep (37.2%).
- Washington is 12-6 against the spread and 8-10 overall when it shoots better than 37.2% from distance.
- Detroit is 9-7 against the spread and 8-10 overall when its opponents shoot higher than 34.4% from deep.
- The Pistons’ three-point shooting percentage this season (34.9%) is 3.4 percentage points lower than opponents of the Wizards are averaging (38.3%).
- Detroit has a 13-3 ATS record and is 9-8 straight-up when the team hits more than 38.3% of its three-point attempts.
- Washington is 11-6 ATS and 8-9 overall in games it shoots over 34.9% from deep.
- The Wizards make 10.8 three-pointers per game this season, 1.4 fewer made shots on average than the 12.2 per game the Pistons allow.
- When Detroit makes more threes than its opponents, it is 16-7 against the spread and 9-15 overall. When Washington is out-shot from deep by its opponents, it is 15-15 ATS and 10-21 straight up.
- The Wizards make the 25th-most three-pointers in the league, while the Pistons allow the seventh-fewest makes from beyond the arc.
Wizards vs Pistons Stat Rankings
|Wizards Rank||Wizards AVG||Pistons AVG||Pistons Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from