A game after he exploded for 39 points in a 113-108 loss to the Nuggets, Zion Williamson leads the New Orleans Pelicans (19-25) at home against the Dallas Mavericks (23-20) on Saturday, March 27, 2021. The Pelicans are underdogs by 2 points in the matchup, which tips at 9:00 PM ET on FS-NO. The over/under is 229 for the matchup.
The betting insights in this article reflect data from DraftKings sportsbook as of March 27, 2021, 7:05 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Mavericks vs Pelicans Betting Odds
Injury Report as of March 27
Luka Doncic: Out (Low Back),
Tyrell Terry: Out (Personal),
Nicolo Melli: Out (Not With Team),
JJ Redick: Out (Heel),
Willie Cauley-Stein: Out (Health and Safety Protocols)
Lonzo Ball: Out (Hip)
|Spread Pick||Pelicans (+2)|
|Total Pick||Under (229)|
|Prediction||Pelicans 114, Mavericks 113|
The model leans slightly toward betting on the Pelicans in this one. The data favors them while DraftKings has the Mavericks favored, but the difference between the two is only 2.5 points.
The DraftKings point total for this game is just 1.9 points highter than the model projection.
Mavericks Key Players
|Tim Hardaway Jr.||42||16.5||3.4||1.7||0.5||0.1||3.0|
Mavericks Player Props
- Luka Doncic’s points prop total for the contest is set at 28.5, 0.1 points less than his season average of 28.6.
- Kristaps Porzingis’ PRA prop total for the contest is set at 29.5, 1.3 less than his season average of 30.8.
- Tim Hardaway Jr.’s three pointers made prop total for the game is set at 2.5, 0.5 shots less than his season average of 3.0.
- Josh Richardson’s steals prop total for the game is set at 0.5, 0.5 steals lower than his season average of 1.0.
Pelicans Key Players
Pelicans Player Props
- Williamson’s PRA prop over/under for the contest is set at 36.5, 0.1 lower than his season average of 36.6.
- Lonzo Ball’s PRA prop total for the contest is set at , his season average of 23.9.
- Ball’s three pointers made prop total for the game is set at 2.5, 0.5 shots lower than his season average of 3.0.
- Ball’s steals prop over/under for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.2 steals greater than his season average of 1.3.
- This season, the Mavericks have a 47% shooting percentage from the field, which is 0.3% lower than the 47.3% of shots the Pelicans’ opponents have knocked down.
- Dallas has a 13-9 record against the spread and a 16-6 straight-up record in games it shoots higher than 47.3% from the field.
- New Orleans’ record is 13-6 against the spread and 14-5 overall when its opponents make more than 47% of their shots from the field.
- The Pelicans are shooting 48.6% from the field, 2.8% higher than the 45.8% the Mavericks’ opponents have shot this season.
- New Orleans has put together an 18-13 record against the spread and a 16-15 straight up record in games it shoots over 45.8% from the field.
- This season, Dallas has an 18-12 record against the spread and a 19-11 straight up record when it allows opponents to shoot above 48.6% from the field.
- The Mavericks shoot 36% from three-point range, 3.2% lower than the 39.2% the Pelicans allow to opponents.
- Dallas has put together a 7-7 record against the spread and a 9-5 straight-up record in games this season when the team hits more than 39.2% of its three-point shots.
- New Orleans has put up a 12-6 against the spread while going 14-4 overall in games this season when its opponents shoot higher than 36% from deep.
- The Pelicans are knocking down 35.5% of their shots from beyond the arc, which is 1.6 percentage points fewer than the 37.1% the Mavericks’ opponents are averaging on the season.
- New Orleans is 12-6 against the spread and 12-6 overall when shooting above 37.1% as a team from three-point range.
- Dallas has a 13-2 ATS record and a 13-2 straight-up record in games this season it has shot better than 35.5% from three-point range.
- The Mavericks hit 13.6 three-pointers per game this season, 2.4 more makes per game than the Pelicans give up (11.2).
- When Dallas makes more three-pointers than its opponents, it is 15-4 against the spread and 16-3 overall. When New Orleans is out-shot from deep by its opponents, it is 11-22 ATS and 11-23 straight up.
- The Pelicans make the 23rd-most three-pointers in the league, while the Mavericks allow the 24th-fewest makes from beyond the arc.
Mavericks vs Pelicans Stat Rankings
|Mavericks Rank||Mavericks AVG||Pelicans AVG||Pelicans Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from