The Charlotte Hornets (22-21) host the Miami Heat (22-23) after winning four straight home games. The Heat are favored by only 3 points in the contest, which begins at 8:00 PM ET on Friday, March 26, 2021. The matchup has an over/under set at 216.5 points.
The betting insights in this article reflect data from DraftKings sportsbook as of March 26, 2021, 7:05 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Heat vs Hornets Betting Odds
Injury Report as of March 26
KZ Okpala: Out (Health Protocols),
Jimmy Butler: Out (Illness),
Udonis Haslem: Out (Health and Safety Protocols),
Victor Oladipo: Day To Day (Personal),
Goran Dragic: Out (Back)
LaMelo Ball: Out (Wrist)
|Spread Pick||Hornets (+3)|
|Total Pick||Over (216.5)|
|Prediction||Hornets 111, Heat 109|
While DraftKings has the Heat winning by three, the model has the Hornets taking home the victory, with a considerable margin between the two spreads (5.1 points). Take the Hornets.
The model projects a total 2.8 points higher than the one set by DraftKings for this matchup.
Heat Key Players
Heat Player Props
- Jimmy Butler’s assists prop over/under for the game is listed at 5.5 assists, 1.8 assists less than his season average of 7.3.
- Bam Adebayo’s PRA prop over/under for the contest is set at 30.5, 3.8 less than his season average of 34.3.
- Duncan Robinson’s three pointers made prop total for the game is set at 3.5, 0.2 shots greater than his season average of 3.3.
- Adebayo’s blocks prop total for the contest is set at 0.5, 0.7 blocks lower than his season average of 1.2.
Hornets Key Players
Hornets Player Props
- Terry Rozier’s PRA prop total for the game is set at 26.5, 0.9 lower than his season average of 27.4.
- Cody Zeller’s rebounding prop total for the contest is set at 6.5 rebounds, 0.6 rebounds less than his season average of 7.1.
- Rozier’s three pointers made prop over/under for the contest is set at 3.5, 0.2 shots greater than his season average of 3.3.
- P.J. Washington’s blocks prop total for the game is set at 1.5, 0.2 blocks higher than his season average of 1.3.
- The Heat are shooting 45.8% from the field this season, 1.4 percentage points lower than the 47.2% the Hornets allow to opponents.
- Miami is 11-8 against the spread and 12-7 overall when it shoots better than 47.2% from the field.
- Charlotte has a 14-3 record against the spread and a 14-4 record overall when allowing its opponents to knock down more than 45.8% of their shots from the field.
- The Hornets have shot at a 46.3% rate from the field this season, 1.7 percentage points above the 44.6% shooting opponents of the Heat have averaged.
- This season, Charlotte has a 19-11 record against the spread and an 18-12 record overall in games the team collectively shoots better than 44.6% from the field.
- Miami is 15-16 against the spread and 20-11 overall in games it allows opponents to shoot higher than 46.3% from the field.
- The Heat’s 34.6% three-point shooting percentage this season is 2.2 percentage points lower than opponents of the Hornets have shot from beyond the arc (36.8%).
- Miami has a 10-7 record against the spread and a 13-4 record overall when the team connects on more than 36.8% of its three-point shots.
- Charlotte is 12-6 against the spread while putting together a 14-5 straight-up record when its opponents shoot over 34.6% from beyond the arc.
- The Hornets shoot 38.5% from three-point distance this season. That’s just 2.2 percentage points higher than the Heat have allowed their opponents to shoot from deep (36.3%).
- Charlotte has an 18-9 ATS record and is 17-11 straight-up when the team makes more than 36.3% of its three-point attempts.
- Miami has a 14-16 ATS record and an 18-12 straight-up record in games this season it has shot better than 38.5% from three-point range.
- The Heat connect on 12.6 three-pointers per game this season, 1.4 fewer makes per game than the Hornets allow (14).
- Charlotte is 15-7 against the spread and 16-7 overall when it makes more three-pointers than its opponents, while Miami is 9-20 ATS and 11-18 straight up in games when it is out-shot from the three-point line.
- The Heat are the 17th-best three-point shooting team in the NBA, while the Hornets allow the 29th-fewest makes from deep.
Heat vs Hornets Stat Rankings
|Heat Rank||Heat AVG||Hornets AVG||Hornets Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from