The Miami Heat (22-22) are 4.5-point favorites as they look to break a four-game losing streak when they host the Portland Trail Blazers (25-18) on Thursday, March 25, 2021 at American Airlines Arena. The matchup airs at 7:30 PM ET on SUN. The matchup has an over/under set at 217.5 points.
The betting insights in this article reflect data from DraftKings sportsbook as of March 25, 2021, 7:05 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Heat vs Trail Blazers Betting Odds
Injury Report as of March 25
KZ Okpala: Out (Health Protocols),
Avery Bradley: Day To Day (Calf),
Udonis Haslem: Out (Health and Safety Protocols),
Goran Dragic: Day To Day (Back)
Nassir Little: Day To Day (Health Protocols),
Jusuf Nurkic: Out (Wrist),
Anfernee Simons: Day To Day (Health Protocols),
Zach Collins: Out (Ankle)
|Spread Pick||Trail Blazers (+4.5)|
|Total Pick||Over (217.5)|
|Prediction||Heat 113, Trail Blazers 109|
The spread for this matchup suggested by the model (3.7 points) is a little bit less than the 4.5-point edge DraftKings gives to the Heat, though the data still has them as the favorite.
The model projects a total 4.4 points higher than the one set by DraftKings for this matchup.
Heat Key Players
Trail Blazers Key Players
|Gary Trent Jr.||41||15.0||2.2||1.4||0.9||0.1||3.0|
- The Heat make 45.6% of their shots from the field this season, which is 2.5 percentage points lower than the Trail Blazers have allowed to their opponents (48.1%).
- Miami is 10-5 against the spread and 12-3 overall when it shoots higher than 48.1% from the field.
- Portland has an 11-4 record against the spread and an 11-4 record overall when allowing its opponents to make more than 45.6% of their shots from the field.
- The Trail Blazers’ 44.4% shooting percentage from the field this season is 0.1 percentage points lower than the Heat have allowed to their opponents (44.5%).
- This season, Portland has a 12-8 record against the spread and a 17-3 record overall in games the team collectively shoots above 44.5% from the field.
- Miami is 12-11 against the spread and 16-7 overall in games it allows opponents to shoot greater than 44.4% from the field.
- The Heat’s 34.3% three-point shooting percentage this season is 3.3 percentage points lower than opponents of the Trail Blazers have shot from deep (37.6%).
- Miami is 7-5 against the spread and 9-3 overall when it shoots better than 37.6% from distance.
- Portland has put up an 11-6 against the spread while going 11-6 overall in games this season when its opponents shoot higher than 34.3% from downtown.
- The Trail Blazers’ three-point shooting percentage this season (37.9%) is only 1.7 percentage points higher than opponents of the Heat are averaging (36.2%).
- Portland is 16-9 ATS and 19-6 overall when the team hits more than 36.2% of its three-point attempts.
- Miami has a 13-16 ATS record and a 17-12 straight-up record this season when it connects on more than 37.9% of its three-point attempts.
- The Heat’s 12.5 made three-pointers per game this season is 3.7 fewer made shots on average than the 16.2 per game the Trail Blazers allow.
- Portland is 18-14 against the spread and 22-10 overall when it makes more three-pointers than its opponents, while Miami is 9-19 ATS and 11-17 straight up in games when it is out-shot from the three-point line.
- The Trail Blazers are the second-best three-point shooting team in the NBA, while the Heat allow the 28th-fewest makes from deep.
Heat vs Trail Blazers Stat Rankings
|Heat Rank||Heat AVG||Trail Blazers AVG||Trail Blazers Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from