The Oklahoma City Thunder (19-24) host the Memphis Grizzlies (20-20) as 4.5-point underdogs after Shai Gilgeous-Alexander scored 31 points in the Thunder’s 112-103 victory over the Timberwolves. The matchup airs on FS-OK at 8:00 PM ET on Wednesday, March 24, 2021. The matchup has an over/under of 219.5.
The betting insights in this article reflect data from William Hill sportsbook as of March 24, 2021, 10:55 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Grizzlies vs Thunder Betting Odds
Injury Report as of March 24
Jaren Jackson Jr.: Out (Knee)
George Hill: Out (Thumb),
Darius Bazley: Out (Shoulder),
Josh Hall: Out (Knee),
Meyers Leonard: Out For Season (Shoulder)
|Spread Pick||Thunder (+4.5)|
|Total Pick||Over (219.5)|
|Prediction||Grizzlies 111, Thunder 110|
The spread for this game suggested by the model (0.5 points) is significantly less than the 4.5-point edge William Hill gives to the Grizzlies, though the data still has them as the favorite. Put your money on the Thunder to cover.
The William Hill total for this game, 219.5 points, and the model’s projected total, 220.4 points, are only 0.9 points apart.
Grizzlies Key Players
Thunder Key Players
- The Grizzlies are shooting 46.2% from the field this season, 0.3 percentage points lower than the 46.5% the Thunder allow to opponents.
- Memphis has a 15-4 record against the spread and a 15-4 straight-up record in games it shoots higher than 46.5% from the field.
- Oklahoma City has a 10-7 record against the spread and an 8-9 record overall when allowing its opponents to hit more than 46.2% of their shots from the field.
- The Thunder have shot at a 44.9% clip from the field this season, two percentage points fewer than the 46.9% shooting opponents of the Grizzlies have averaged.
- Oklahoma City has compiled a 9-3 record against the spread and an 8-4 straight up record in games it shoots over 46.9% from the field.
- Memphis is 14-2-1 against the spread and 12-5 overall in games it allows opponents to shoot over 44.9% from the field.
- The Grizzlies are knocking down 34.8% of their three-point shots this season, 0.2% lower than the 35% the Thunder allow opponents to shoot from deep.
- Memphis is 12-5 against the spread and 10-7 overall when it shoots better than 35% from distance.
- Oklahoma City is 16-8 against the spread and 12-12 overall when its opponents shoot better than 34.8% from deep.
- The Thunder’s three-point shooting percentage this season (35.1%) is just 2.2 percentage points lower than opponents of the Grizzlies are averaging (37.3%).
- Oklahoma City has a 12-5 ATS record and is 11-6 straight-up when the team makes more than 37.3% of its three-point attempts.
- Memphis is 13-2-1 ATS and 11-5 overall in games it shoots above 35.1% from deep.
- The Grizzlies’ 10.5 made three-pointers per game this season is 2.5 fewer made shots on average than the 13 per game the Thunder give up.
- Oklahoma City is 16-7 against the spread and 14-9 overall when it connects on more threes than its opponents, while Memphis is 12-14 ATS and 11-15 straight up in games when it is out-shot from the three-point line.
- The Thunder rank 13th in the NBA in made three-pointers, while the Grizzlies give up the 22nd-fewest made threes in the league.
Grizzlies vs Thunder Stat Rankings
|Grizzlies Rank||Grizzlies AVG||Thunder AVG||Thunder Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from