Southeast Division foes square off when the Charlotte Hornets (21-21) visit the Houston Rockets (12-30) at Toyota Center, tipping off at 8:00 PM ET on Wednesday, March 24, 2021. The Rockets are 3.5-point underdogs in the game, the second matchup between the squads this season. The point total is 225 for the matchup.
The betting insights in this article reflect data from William Hill sportsbook as of March 24, 2021, 12:55 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Hornets vs Rockets Betting Odds
Injury Report as of March 24
Cody Zeller: Day To Day (Shoulder),
LaMelo Ball: Out (Wrist)
David Nwaba: Day To Day (Wrist),
Kevin Porter Jr.: Day To Day (Quad),
Dante Exum: Out (Calf),
Eric Gordon: Out (Groin)
|Spread Pick||Rockets (+3.5)|
|Total Pick||Under (225)|
|Prediction||Hornets 113, Rockets 110|
The model line and the William Hill line are within 0.1 points of each other.
The William Hill point total for this game is just 2.3 points highter than the model projection.
Hornets Key Players
Rockets Key Players
- This season, the Hornets have a 46.1% shooting percentage from the field, which is 0.7% lower than the 46.8% of shots the Rockets’ opponents have made.
- In games Charlotte shoots higher than 46.8% from the field, it is 16-6 against the spread and 15-7 overall.
- Houston is 11-8 against the spread and 11-8 overall when allowing opponents to shoot higher than 46.1% from the field.
- The Rockets have shot at a 43.5% clip from the field this season, 3.9 percentage points less than the 47.4% shooting opponents of the Hornets have averaged.
- This season, Houston has a 6-5 record against the spread and a 6-5 record overall in games the team collectively shoots over 47.4% from the field.
- This season, Charlotte has an 11-1 record against the spread and a 10-2 straight up record when it allows opponents to shoot above 43.5% from the field.
- The Hornets shoot 38.3% from beyond the arc, 1.1% higher than the 37.2% the Rockets allow to opponents.
- Charlotte has assembled a 17-5-1 record against the spread and a 15-8 straight-up record in games this season when the team hits more than 37.2% of its three-point attempts.
- Houston has put up a 10-12 against the spread while going 10-12 overall in games this season when its opponents shoot better than 38.3% from deep.
- The Rockets shoot 32.8% from beyond the arc this season. That’s 4.1 percentage points lower than the Hornets have allowed their opponents to shoot from deep (36.9%).
- Houston is 7-5 ATS and 7-5 overall when the team hits more than 36.9% of its three-point attempts.
- Charlotte is 10-4 ATS and 11-3 overall in games it shoots over 32.8% from deep.
- The Hornets’ 13.9 made three-pointers per game this season are only 0.8 more made shots on average than the 13.1 per game the Rockets allow.
- Charlotte is 15-6-1 against the spread and 15-7 overall when it makes more three-pointers than its opponents, while Houston is 3-15 ATS and 2-16 straight up in games when it is out-shot from the three-point line.
- The Rockets rank 12th in the NBA in made three-pointers, while the Hornets give up the 29th-fewest made threes in the league.
Hornets vs Rockets Stat Rankings
|Hornets Rank||Hornets AVG||Rockets AVG||Rockets Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from