Karl-Anthony Towns leads the Minnesota Timberwolves (10-33) into a matchup with the Dallas Mavericks (22-19) after scoring 33 points in a 112-103 loss to the Thunder. The Mavericks are 8-point favorites in the matchup on Wednesday, March 24, 2021, which starts at 8:00 PM ET on FS-N. The matchup’s point total is set at 229.5.
The betting insights in this article reflect data from William Hill sportsbook as of March 23, 2021, 11:55 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Mavericks vs Timberwolves Betting Odds
Injury Report as of March 24
Tyrell Terry: Day To Day (Personal),
Willie Cauley-Stein: Day To Day (Health and Safety Protocols)
Jordan McLaughlin: Day To Day (Health and Safety Protocols),
D’Angelo Russell: Out (Leg)
|Spread Pick||Timberwolves (+8)|
|Total Pick||Under (229.5)|
|Prediction||Mavericks 116, Timberwolves 109|
The model favors the Mavericks by 6.3 points, just 1.7 less than the 8-point spread set by William Hill.
In this matchup, the model projects a total (224.8 points) slightly lower than the William Hill over/under (229.5 points).
Mavericks Key Players
|Tim Hardaway Jr.||40||16.4||3.4||1.7||0.6||0.2||3.0|
Timberwolves Key Players
- This season, the Mavericks have a 47.1% shooting percentage from the field, which is 0.9% lower than the 48% of shots the Timberwolves’ opponents have made.
- Dallas has an 11-9 record against the spread and a 14-6 straight-up record in games it shoots better than 48% from the field.
- Minnesota has a 10-7-1 record against the spread and a 7-11 record overall when allowing its opponents to hit more than 47.1% of their shots from the field.
- The Timberwolves’ 44.3% shooting percentage from the field this season is 1.6 percentage points lower than the Mavericks have given up to their opponents (45.9%).
- Minnesota has compiled a 7-5-1 record against the spread and a 4-9 straight up record in games it shoots higher than 45.9% from the field.
- Dallas is 12-2 against the spread and 12-2 overall in games it allows opponents to shoot greater than 44.3% from the field.
- The Mavericks are knocking down 36.3% of their three-point shots this season, 2.1% lower than the 38.4% the Timberwolves allow opponents to shoot from deep.
- Dallas is 9-7 against the spread and 11-5 overall when it shoots better than 38.4% from distance.
- Minnesota has put up a 13-5 against the spread while going 7-11 overall in games this season when its opponents shoot better than 36.3% from downtown.
- The Timberwolves shoot 35% from beyond the arc this season. That’s 2.1 percentage points lower than the Mavericks have allowed their opponents to shoot from deep (37.1%).
- Minnesota is 9-7-1 ATS and 5-12 overall when the team hits more than 37.1% of its three-point attempts.
- Dallas is 12-1 ATS and 12-1 overall in games it shoots above 35% from deep.
- The Mavericks connect on 13.7 three-pointers per game this season, one more make per game than the Timberwolves give up (12.7).
- When Dallas makes more three-pointers than its opponents, it is 14-4 against the spread and 15-3 overall. When Minnesota is out-shot from beyond the arc by its opponents, it is 3-15 ATS and 2-16 straight up.
- The Mavericks rank ninth in the NBA in made three-pointers, while the Timberwolves allow the eighth-fewest made threes in the league.
Mavericks vs Timberwolves Stat Rankings
|Mavericks Rank||Mavericks AVG||Timberwolves AVG||Timberwolves Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from