A game after he put up 30 points in a 113-108 win over the Nuggets, Brandon Ingram leads the New Orleans Pelicans (18-24) at home against the Los Angeles Lakers (28-15) on Tuesday, March 23, 2021. The Pelicans are favored by 5.5 points in the matchup, which starts at 7:30 PM ET on TNT. The matchup’s point total is set at 222.
The betting insights in this article reflect data from William Hill sportsbook as of March 22, 2021, 4:55 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Pelicans vs Lakers Betting Odds
Injury Report as of March 23
Lonzo Ball: Day To Day (Hip),
JJ Redick: Out (Heel)
Anthony Davis: Out (Achilles),
LeBron James: Out (Ankle),
Jared Dudley: Out (Knee),
Marc Gasol: Day To Day (Conditioning)
|Spread Pick||Lakers (+5.5)|
|Total Pick||Over (222)|
|Prediction||Lakers 113, Pelicans 112|
While William Hill has the Pelicans winning by 5.5, the model has the Lakers taking home the victory, with a considerable margin between the two spreads (6.4 points). Take the Lakers.
The model predicts a total 1.9 points higher than the one set by William Hill for this matchup.
Pelicans Key Players
Lakers Key Players
- The Pelicans are shooting 48.5% from the field this season, 3.1 percentage points higher than the 45.4% the Lakers allow to opponents.
- In games New Orleans shoots better than 45.4% from the field, it is 17-11-1 against the spread and 15-14 overall.
- Los Angeles is 15-16 against the spread and 21-10 overall when allowing opponents to shoot higher than 48.5% from the field.
- The Lakers are shooting 48.3% from the field, 1.1% higher than the 47.2% the Pelicans’ opponents have shot this season.
- Los Angeles has put together a 14-9 record against the spread and a 17-6 straight up record in games it shoots higher than 47.2% from the field.
- This season, New Orleans has a 14-9 record against the spread and a 15-9 straight up record when it allows opponents to shoot higher than 48.3% from the field.
- The Pelicans are knocking down 35.4% of their three-point shots this season, 0.3% higher than the 35.1% the Lakers allow opponents to shoot from deep.
- New Orleans has collected a 15-5-1 record against the spread and a 14-7 straight-up record in games this season when the team hits more than 35.1% of its three-point attempts.
- Los Angeles is 14-9 against the spread and 17-6 overall when its opponents shoot better than 35.4% from deep.
- The Lakers’ three-point shooting percentage this season (35%) is just 3.9 percentage points lower than opponents of the Pelicans are averaging (38.9%).
- Los Angeles is 10-4 ATS and 12-2 overall when the team makes more than 38.9% of its three-point attempts.
- New Orleans has an 11-4 ATS record and a 12-3 straight-up record in games this season it has shot better than 35% from three-point distance.
- The Pelicans’ 11 made three-pointers per game this season are just 0.4 more made shots on average than the 10.6 per game the Lakers allow.
- New Orleans is 7-1 against the spread and 7-1 overall when it hit more three-pointers than its opponents, while Los Angeles is 8-15 ATS and 11-12 straight up in games when it is out-shot from the three-point line.
- The Pelicans make the 23rd-most three-pointers in the league, while the Lakers allow the fourth-fewest makes from beyond the arc.
Pelicans vs Lakers Stat Rankings
|Pelicans Rank||Pelicans AVG||Lakers AVG||Lakers Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from