The No. 1 seed Gonzaga Bulldogs (26-0) and the No. 5 seed Creighton Bluejays (20-8) meet in the NCAA Tournament Sweet 16 with a trip to the Elite 8 of the West Region bracket up for grabs on Sunday at Hinkle Fieldhouse, starting at 2:10 PM ET. Gonzaga is a favorite in the contest, which airs on CBS.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of March 23, 2021, 12:10 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
Pick ATS: Creighton Bluejays (+13.5)
The model favors the Bulldogs by 10.9 points, just 2.6 less than the 13.5-point spread set by DraftKings.
Pick OU: Under (158.5)
The model predicts a total 6.1 points lower than the one set by DraftKings for this matchup.
Prediction: Gonzaga 82, Creighton 71
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The average implied total for the Bulldogs this season is 89.4 points, 3.4 more points than their implied total of 86 points in Sunday’s game.
- Gonzaga is trying to outscore its implied point total for this matchup (86) for the 23rd time this season.
- The Bluejays’ average implied point total on the season (77.8 points) is 4.8 points higher than their implied total in this matchup (73 points).
- Creighton will attempt to outscore its implied point total for this matchup (73) for the 15th time this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Gonzaga and Creighton Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 13.5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Bulldogs are shooting 54.9% from the field this season, 14.7 percentage points higher than the 40.2% the Bluejays allow to opponents.
- Gonzaga has gone 28-0 overall and 13-12-2 against the spread when it shoots higher than 40.2% from the field.
- Creighton is 22-8 overall and 12-15 against the spread when allowing opponents to shoot higher than 54.9% from the field.
- The Bluejays have shot at a 47.4% clip from the field this season, 5.9 percentage points above the 41.5% shooting opponents of the Bulldogs have averaged.
- Creighton is 19-6 overall and 11-11 against the spread when it hits more than 41.5% of its attempts from the field.
- When Gonzaga’s opponents shoot greater than 47.4% from the field, it is 10-12-1 against the spread and 24-0 overall.
- The Bulldogs are making 37.1% of their three-point shots this season, 5.7% higher than the 31.4% the Bluejays allow opponents to shoot from deep.
- Gonzaga has collected a 12-6-2 record against the spread and a 20-0 straight-up record in games this season when the team hits more than 31.4% of its three-point attempts.
- Creighton is 8-11 against the spread while putting together an 18-4 straight-up record when its opponents shoot above 37.1% from three-point distance.
- The Bluejays are hitting 36.5% of their shots from beyond the arc, which is 4.1 percentage points higher than the 32.4% the Bulldogs’ are averaging on the season.
- Creighton’s record is 10-5 ATS and 13-4 overall when the team hits more than 32.4% of its three-point attempts.
- Gonzaga has an 11-6-1 ATS record and a 19-0 straight-up record this season when it hits more than 36.5% of its three-point attempts.
- The Bulldogs’ 7.6 made three-pointers per game this season is two fewer made shots on average than the 9.6 per game the Bluejays allow.
- When Creighton makes more threes than its opponents, it is 10-6 against the spread and 16-3 overall. When Gonzaga is out-shot from deep by its opponents, it is 2-4-1 ATS and 8-0 straight up.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from