The Houston Rockets (11-30) will attempt to end a 20-game losing streak when they host the Toronto Raptors (17-25) at 9:00 PM ET on Monday, March 22, 2021 as 8.5-point underdogs. The Raptors have lost eight games in a row. The matchup has a point total of 224.5.
The betting insights in this article reflect data from FanDuel sportsbook as of March 22, 2021, 5:05 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Raptors vs Rockets Betting Odds
Injury Report as of March 22
David Nwaba: Out (Wrist),
Dante Exum: Out (Calf),
Eric Gordon: Out (Groin),
D.J. Augustin: Day To Day (Illness)
|Spread Pick||Rockets (+8.5)|
|Total Pick||Under (224.5)|
|Prediction||Raptors 114, Rockets 109|
The spread for this matchup suggested by the model (5.3 points) is much tighter than the 8.5-point edge FanDuel gives to the Raptors, though the data still has them as the favorite. Put your money on the Rockets to cover.
The FanDuel point total for this matchup is just 2.0 points highter than the model projection.
Raptors Key Players
Rockets Key Players
- The Raptors make 44.8% of their shots from the field this season, which is 2.1 percentage points lower than the Rockets have allowed to their opponents (46.9%).
- Toronto has an 11-4 record against the spread and a 9-6 straight-up record in games it shoots better than 46.9% from the field.
- Houston is 7-6 against the spread and 8-5 overall when allowing opponents to shoot better than 44.8% from the field.
- The Rockets are shooting 43.5% from the field, 2.5% lower than the 46% the Raptors’ opponents have shot this season.
- Houston has put together a 7-6 record against the spread and a 7-6 straight up record in games it shoots better than 46% from the field.
- When Toronto’s opponents shoot above 43.5% from the field, it is 11-5 against the spread and 10-6 overall.
- The Raptors are knocking down 37.9% of their three-point shots this season, 0.3% higher than the 37.6% the Rockets allow opponents to shoot from deep.
- Toronto is 14-7 against the spread and 12-9 overall when it shoots better than 37.6% from distance.
- Houston is 8-12 against the spread and 8-12 overall when its opponents shoot higher than 37.9% from deep.
- The Rockets’ three-point shooting percentage this season (32.6%) is 5.2 percentage points lower than opponents of the Raptors are averaging (37.8%).
- Houston is 6-4 ATS and 6-4 overall when the team makes more than 37.8% of its three-point attempts.
- Toronto has an 8-3 ATS record and a 7-4 straight-up record in games this season it has shot better than 32.6% from three-point distance.
- The Raptors connect on 15.5 three-pointers per game this season, 2.4 more makes per game than the Rockets allow (13.1).
- Toronto is 16-7 against the spread and 14-9 overall when it makes more threes than its opponents, while Houston is 3-15 ATS and 2-16 straight up in games when it is out-shot from deep.
- The Raptors rank third in the NBA in made three-pointers, while the Rockets allow the 14th-fewest made threes in the league.
Raptors vs Rockets Stat Rankings
|Raptors Rank||Raptors AVG||Rockets AVG||Rockets Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from