A Sweet 16 battle features the No. 8 seed Loyola Chicago Ramblers (24-4) playing as favorites against the No. 12 seed Oregon State Beavers (17-12) on Saturday at Bankers Life Fieldhouse. The NCAA Tournament contest begins at 2:40 PM ET, with the winner moving on to the Midwest Region bracket final.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of March 22, 2021, 2:10 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
Pick ATS: Oregon State Beavers (+7)
The spread for this matchup suggested by the model (5.0 points) is a little bit less than the 7-point edge DraftKings gives to the Ramblers, though the data still has them as the favorite.
Pick OU: Over (127)
The model predicts a total 5.5 points higher than the one set by DraftKings for this game.
Prediction: Loyola Chicago 69, Oregon State 64
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The Ramblers’ average implied point total this season is 3.9 more points than their implied total in Saturday’s game (70.9 implied points on average compared to 67 implied points in this game).
- Loyola Chicago has outscored this matchup’s implied point total (67) 21 times.
- The Beavers’ average implied point total on the season (72.3 points) is 12.3 points higher than their implied total in this matchup (60 points).
- Oregon State has scored more than 60 points 25 times on the season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Loyola Chicago and Oregon State Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 7+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Ramblers make 50.4% of their shots from the field this season, which is 7.5 percentage points higher than the Beavers have allowed to their opponents (42.9%).
- In games when Loyola Chicago shoots higher than 42.9% from the field, it is 16-5 against the spread and 21-2 overall.
- Oregon State’s record is 17-8 overall and 18-5-1 against the spread when its opponents make more than 50.4% of their shots from the field.
- The Beavers have shot at a 43.5% rate from the field this season, 2.1 percentage points greater than the 41.4% shooting opponents of the Ramblers have averaged.
- Oregon State is 16-1-1 against the spread and 16-3 overall when it shoots better than 41.4% from the field.
- Loyola Chicago is 11-3-1 against the spread and 16-1 straight up in games when allowing opponents to shoot greater than 43.5% from the field.
- The Ramblers’ 37% three-point shooting percentage this season is 6.9 percentage points higher than opponents of the Beavers have shot from deep (30.1%).
- Loyola Chicago has a 12-5-1 record against the spread and a 17-3 record overall when the team connects on more than 30.1% of its three-point attempts.
- Oregon State is 17-4-1 against the spread and 17-6 overall when its opponents make more than 37% of their shots from deep.
- The Beavers shoot 35.5% from three-point distance this season. That’s three percentage points higher than the Ramblers have allowed their opponents to shoot from deep (32.5%).
- Oregon State has a 13-4-1 ATS record and is 14-5 straight-up in games when the team hits better than 32.5% of its three-point attempts.
- Loyola Chicago has a 15-3-1 ATS record and a 19-1 straight-up record this season when it knocks down more than 35.5% of its three-point shots.
- Loyola Chicago has gone 12-4-1 against the spread and 16-3 overall this season in games it has out-shot its opponents from the three-point line. When Oregon State makes fewer three-pointers than its opponents, it is 6-4-1 ATS and 7-4 straight up.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from