The Midwest Region bracket’s No. 2 seed Houston Cougars (24-3) are favorites to defeat the No. 11 Syracuse Orange (16-9) in the Sweet 16 of the NCAA Tournament on Saturday at 9:55 PM ET, live from Hinkle Fieldhouse.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of March 22, 2021, 2:10 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
Pick ATS: Houston Cougars (-6)
The DraftKings line for this game has the Cougars favored by six, while the model predicts they’ll win by considerably more (9.5 points). Put your money on the Cougars.
Pick OU: Over (140)
The DraftKings total for this game, 140 points, and the model’s projected total, 140.4 points, are only 0.4 points apart.
Prediction: Houston 75, Syracuse 65
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The Cougars’ average implied point total this season is 0.4 more points than their implied total in Saturday’s game (73.4 implied points on average compared to 73 implied points in this game).
- Houston will aim to outscore its implied point total for this matchup (73) for the 18th time this season.
- The 75.6-point average implied total on the season for the Orange is 8.6 more points than the team’s 67-point implied total in this matchup.
- This season, Syracuse has scored more than this game’s implied total of 67 points 22 times.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Houston and Syracuse Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 6+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Cougars make 44.3% of their shots from the field this season, which is 3.2 percentage points higher than the Orange have allowed to their opponents (41.1%).
- Houston has a 17-1 straight-up record and a 14-3 record against the spread in games it shoots better than 41.1% from the field.
- Syracuse is 15-2 overall and 8-7 against the spread when allowing its opponents to shoot better than 44.3% from the field.
- The Orange are shooting 44.7% from the field, 7.4% higher than the 37.3% the Cougars’ opponents have shot this season.
- Syracuse has put together a 17-7 straight up record and a 12-9 record against the spread in games it shoots higher than 37.3% from the field.
- This season, Houston has a 24-2 straight up record and a 19-5 record against the spread when it allows opponents to shoot greater than 44.7% from the field.
- The Cougars are knocking down 35.7% of their three-point shots this season, 3.9% higher than the 31.8% the Orange allow opponents to shoot from deep.
- Houston has a 16-3 record against the spread and a 20-1 record overall when the team makes more than 31.8% of its three-point shots.
- Syracuse has gone 13-5 overall and has a 7-9 record against the spread in games this season when its opponents shoot better than 35.7% from downtown.
- The Orange are hitting 35% of their shots from three-point range, which is 6.7 percentage points higher than the 28.3% the Cougars’ are averaging on the season.
- Syracuse has an 11-8 ATS record and is 15-5 straight-up when the team makes more than 28.3% of its three-point attempts.
- Houston has a 14-4 ATS record and an 18-1 straight-up record in games this season it has shot better than 35% from three-point range.
- Houston has gone 18-2 against the spread and 22-0 overall this season in games it has out-shot its opponents from the three-point line. When Syracuse hits fewer three-pointers than its opponents, it is 4-8 ATS and 8-6 straight up.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from