The No. 6 seed USC Trojans (22-7) will take to the court against the No. 3 seed Kansas Jayhawks (20-8) on Monday with a spot in the Sweet 16 of the NCAA Tournament up for grabs. USC is on the spread to take a step forward in the bracket, which begins at 9:40 PM ET on CBS.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of March 22, 2021, 12:10 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
Pick ATS: USC Trojans (-1)
The DraftKings line for this matchup is within 0.5 points of the model. Stay away from this one.
Pick OU: Over (134.5)
The DraftKings point total for this game is just 5.3 points lower than the model projection.
Prediction: USC 71, Kansas 69
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The average implied total for the Trojans this season is 73 points, five more points than their implied total of 68 points in Monday’s game.
- USC has scored more than its implied point total for this matchup (68) 21 times this season.
- The 74.9-point average implied total on the season for the Jayhawks is 8.9 more points than the team’s 66-point implied total in this matchup.
- Kansas has scored more than 66 points 20 times on the season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
USC and Kansas Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 1+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- This season, the Trojans have a 46.9% shooting percentage from the field, which is 5.9% higher than the 41% of shots the Jayhawks’ opponents have knocked down.
- In games when USC shoots higher than 41% from the field, it is 21-3 overall and 16-7-1 against the spread.
- Kansas is 19-3 overall and 15-6 against the spread when allowing its opponents to shoot higher than 46.9% from the field.
- The Jayhawks’ 44.3% shooting percentage from the field this season is 5.3 percentage points higher than the Trojans have allowed to their opponents (39%).
- Kansas is 18-6 overall and 13-9-1 against the spread when it shoots better than 39% from the field.
- USC is 15-6-1 against the spread and 18-5 overall in games it allows opponents to shoot over 44.3% from the field.
- The Trojans are making 34.7% of their three-point shots this season, 2% higher than the 32.7% the Jayhawks allow opponents to shoot from deep.
- USC has a 13-4-1 record against the spread and a 15-3 record overall when the team makes more than 32.7% of its shots from three-point distance.
- Kansas is 14-2 overall and 10-5 against the spread when its opponents shoot higher than 34.7% from deep.
- The Jayhawks are making 34.8% of their shots from three-point range, which is only 0.7 percentage points greater than the 34.1% the Trojans’ opponents are averaging on the season.
- Kansas is 9-4 straight-up and has a 6-5-1 ATS record when the team hits more than 34.1% of its three-point attempts.
- USC has a 12-3 ATS record and a 15-0 straight-up record in games this season when it makes more than 34.8% of its three-point shots.
- The Trojans hit 6.3 three-pointers per game this season, 1.3 fewer makes per game than the Jayhawks give up (7.6).
- The Jayhawks are 9-3-1 against the spread and 11-3 overall when they make more threes than their opponents, while the Trojans are 6-7-1 ATS and 10-5 straight up in games when they are out-shot from the three-point line.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from