A pair of hot teams hit the court when the No. 2 Illinois Fighting Illini (23-6) host the No. 17 Loyola Chicago Ramblers (24-4) on Sunday, March 21, 2021 at 12:10 PM ET. The Ramblers are underdogs and will try to keep their eight-game win streak intact against the Fighting Illini, who have won eight straight. The over/under for the matchup is set at .
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of March 20, 2021, 2:10 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
Pick ATS: Illinois Fighting Illini (-7)
The DraftKings line for this game has the Fighting Illini favored by seven, while the model predicts they’ll win by slightly more (9.3 points).
Pick OU: Over (133)
The model predicts a total 5.2 points higher than the one set by DraftKings for this game.
Prediction: Illinois 74, Loyola Chicago 64
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The Fighting Illini have an average implied point total of 78.3 this season, which is 8.3 points higher than their implied total in Sunday’s game (70).
- Illinois has outscored this matchup’s implied point total (70) 26 times.
- The Ramblers’ average implied point total on the season (71 points) is eight points higher than their implied total in this matchup (63 points).
- Loyola Chicago has scored more than this game’s implied total of 63 points 24 times this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Illinois and Loyola Chicago Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 7+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Fighting Illini make 50.2% of their shots from the field this season, which is nine percentage points higher than the Ramblers have allowed to their opponents (41.2%).
- When Illinois shoots better than 41.2% from the field, it is 17-8-1 against the spread and 23-5 overall.
- Loyola Chicago is 23-3 overall and 16-7-1 against the spread when allowing its opponents to shoot higher than 50.2% from the field.
- The Ramblers have shot at a 50.4% rate from the field this season, 9.6 percentage points above the 40.8% shooting opponents of the Fighting Illini have averaged.
- This season, Loyola Chicago has a 22-2 record overall and a 17-5 record against the spread in games the team collectively shoots above 40.8% from the field.
- Illinois is 17-7-1 against the spread and 23-4 straight up in games when allowing opponents to shoot greater than 50.4% from the field.
- The Fighting Illini are making 37.5% of their three-point shots this season, 4.8% higher than the 32.7% the Ramblers allow opponents to shoot from deep.
- Illinois has a 12-7-1 record against the spread and a 17-4 record overall when the team knocks down more than 32.7% of its attempts from three-point range.
- Loyola Chicago has put up a 19-1 straight-up record and gone 14-3-1 against the spread in games when its opponents shoot over 37.5% from three-point range.
- The Ramblers three-point shooting percentage this season (37%) is 4.2 percentage points higher than opponents of the Fighting Illini are averaging (32.8%).
- Loyola Chicago is 15-3 overall and 11-5 against the spread when it shoots better than 32.8% as a team from three-point range.
- Illinois has a 17-1 straight-up record and a 13-4 ATS record when it has shot better than 37% from three-point distance.
- When Loyola Chicago makes more threes than its opponents, it is 12-4-1 against the spread and 16-3 overall. When Illinois is out-shot from deep by its opponents, it is 8-4 ATS and 9-3 straight up.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from