Miles McBride leads the No. 3 West Virginia Mountaineers (18-9) against the N0. 11 Syracuse Orange (16-9) after scoring 30 points in an 84-67 win over Morehead State. The Mountaineers are favorites in the game on Sunday, March 21, 2021, which tips off at 5:15 PM ET on CBS. The over/under in the matchup is set at .
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of March 20, 2021, 2:10 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
Examining the Over/Under
- The Mountaineers’ average implied point total this season is 0.6 more points than their implied total in Sunday’s game (75.6 implied points on average compared to 75 implied points in this game).
- West Virginia is aiming to outscore its implied point total for this matchup (75) for the 17th time this season.
- The average implied point total on the season for the Orange (75.6) is 3.6 more points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (72).
- Syracuse has put up more than 72 points 18 times this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
West Virginia and Syracuse Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 3.5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Mountaineers make 43.1% of their shots from the field this season, which is 1.8 percentage points higher than the Orange have allowed to their opponents (41.3%).
- West Virginia is 13-6 against the spread and 14-5 overall in games when it shoots better than 41.3% from the field.
- Syracuse is 7-4 against the spread and 11-2 overall when allowing opponents to shoot better than 43.1% from the field.
- The Orange are shooting 44.4% from the field, 0.4% lower than the 44.8% the Mountaineers’ opponents have shot this season.
- Syracuse has compiled a 7-4 record against the spread and an 11-2 straight up record in games it shoots over 44.8% from the field.
- When West Virginia’s opponents hit better than 44.4% from the field, it is 6-7 against the spread and 10-3 overall.
- The Mountaineers are knocking down 36.2% of their three-point shots this season, 4.8% higher than the 31.4% the Orange allow opponents to shoot from deep.
- West Virginia has collected a 10-7 record against the spread and a 13-4 straight-up record in games this season when connecting on more than 31.4% of its three-point attempts.
- Syracuse is 7-9 against the spread while putting together a 13-5 straight-up record when its opponents shoot over 36.2% from three-point range.
- The Orange’s three-point shooting percentage this season (34.5%) is only 1.3 percentage points higher than opponents of the Mountaineers are averaging (33.2%).
- Syracuse has a 7-6 ATS record and has gone 10-4 straight-up when hitting more than 33.2% of its three-point attempts.
- West Virginia has a 9-8 ATS record and an 11-6 straight-up record in games this season it has shot better than 34.5% from distance.
- The Mountaineers’ 7.3 made three-pointers per game this season is 1.1 fewer made shots on average than the 8.4 per game the Orange give up.
- When Syracuse makes more threes than its opponents, it is 6-4 against the spread and 8-3 overall. When West Virginia is out-shot from deep by its opponents, it is 4-7 ATS and 8-3 straight up.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from