The North Texas Mean Green (17-9) are underdogs as they attempt to extend a five-game winning streak when they visit the Villanova Wildcats (16-6) on Sunday, March 21, 2021 at Bankers Life Fieldhouse. The matchup airs at 8:45 PM ET on TNT. The matchup has an over/under set at .
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of March 20, 2021, 2:10 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
Pick ATS: Villanova Wildcats (-6.5)
The line for this game set by DraftKings and the model’s prediction are essentially the same (within 0.4 points of each other).
Pick OU: Over (126.5)
The DraftKings point total for this matchup is more than two possessions lower (9.4 points) than the model projection. Put your money on the over.
Prediction: Villanova 71, North Texas 64
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Examining the Over/Under
- The Wildcats have an average implied point total of 76.6 this season, which is 9.6 points higher than their implied total in Sunday’s game (67).
- Villanova has outscored this matchup’s implied point total (67) 20 times.
- The average implied point total on the season for the Mean Green (71.8) is 11.8 more points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (60).
- North Texas has scored more than 60 points 21 times this season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Villanova and North Texas Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 6.5+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- The Wildcats make 44.9% of their shots from the field this season, which is 4.3 percentage points higher than the Mean Green have allowed to their opponents (40.6%).
- Villanova is 11-5 against the spread and 16-2 overall in games when it shoots better than 40.6% from the field.
- North Texas’ record is 16-4 overall and 16-4 against the spread when its opponents make more than 44.9% of their shots from the field.
- The Mean Green’s 48.3% shooting percentage from the field this season is 4.1 percentage points higher than the Wildcats have allowed to their opponents (44.2%).
- This season, North Texas has a 12-4 record against the spread and a 14-3 record overall in games the team collectively shoots higher than 44.2% from the field.
- When opponents of Villanova shoot over 48.3% from the field, it is 10-6 against the spread and 13-4 overall.
- The Wildcats shoot 35.1% from three-point range, 2.8% higher than the 32.3% the Mean Green allow to opponents.
- Villanova has an 8-4 record against the spread and a 13-1 record overall when the team hits more than 32.3% of its attempts from three-point distance.
- North Texas has a 12-3 record against the spread while going 11-5 overall in games this season when its opponents shoot higher than 35.1% from downtown.
- The Mean Green are hitting 38.3% of their shots from three-point range, which is three percentage points higher than the 35.3% the Wildcats’ are averaging on the season.
- North Texas is 12-2 overall and 12-1 against the spread when it shoots better than 35.3% as a team from three-point range.
- Villanova is 9-4 ATS and 12-1 overall in games it shoots over 38.3% from deep.
- Villanova is 8-1 against the spread and 11-0 overall when it hit more three-pointers than its opponents, while North Texas is 2-3 ATS and 3-2 straight up in games when it is out-shot from the three-point line.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from