A pair of hot teams square off when the Los Angeles Lakers (28-13) host the Atlanta Hawks (21-20) on Saturday, March 20, 2021 at 3:30 PM ET. The Lakers are 4-point favorites and put their four-game win streak on the line against the Hawks, who have won seven straight. The matchup’s over/under is set at 223.5.
The betting insights in this article reflect data from DraftKings sportsbook as of March 20, 2021, 4:05 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Lakers vs Hawks Betting Odds
Injury Report as of March 20
Anthony Davis: Out (Achilles),
Jared Dudley: Out (Knee),
LeBron James: Day To Day (Ankle),
Kostas Antetokounmpo: Day To Day (Health and Safety Protocols)
Cam Reddish: Out (Achilles),
Kris Dunn: Out (Ankle),
Nathan Knight: Day To Day (Ankle),
De’Andre Hunter: Out (Right Knee)
|Spread Pick||Lakers (-4)|
|Total Pick||Under (223.5)|
|Prediction||Lakers 113, Hawks 108|
Both DraftKings and the model expect the Lakers to walk away with the win, but the model spread (5.6) is 1.6 points further in their direction.
The model predicts a total 2.3 points lower than the one set by DraftKings for this matchup.
Lakers Key Players
Hawks Key Players
- The Lakers are shooting 48.6% from the field this season, three percentage points higher than the 45.6% the Hawks allow to opponents.
- Los Angeles is 18-14 against the spread and 22-10 overall when it shoots higher than 45.6% from the field.
- Atlanta has a 17-9-1 record against the spread and a 20-7 record overall when allowing its opponents to knock down more than 48.6% of their shots from the field.
- The Hawks have shot at a 45.8% rate from the field this season, 0.3 percentage points above the 45.5% shooting opponents of the Lakers have averaged.
- This season, Atlanta has a 17-6 record against the spread and a 15-8 record overall in games the team collectively shoots above 45.5% from the field.
- When Los Angeles’ opponents shoot higher than 45.8% from the field, it is 12-4 against the spread and 15-1 overall.
- The Lakers’ 35.4% three-point shooting percentage this season is only 0.8 percentage points higher than opponents of the Hawks have shot from deep (34.6%).
- Los Angeles is 12-6 against the spread and 14-4 overall when it shoots better than 34.6% from distance.
- Atlanta is 15-9 against the spread while putting up a 15-9 straight-up record when its opponents shoot over 35.4% from downtown.
- The Hawks are making 36.4% of their shots from three-point range, which is just 1.1 percentage points greater than the 35.3% the Lakers’ opponents are averaging on the season.
- Atlanta has an 18-6-1 ATS record and is 18-7 straight-up when the team makes more than 35.3% of its three-point attempts.
- Los Angeles has a 14-9 ATS record and a 17-6 straight-up record this season when it connects on more than 36.4% of its three-point shots.
- The Lakers connect on 10.8 three-pointers per game this season, 1.9 fewer made shots on average than the 12.7 per game the Hawks allow.
- Atlanta has gone 13-6-1 against the spread and 14-6 overall this season in games it has out-shot its opponents from the three-point line. When Los Angeles hits fewer threes than its opponents, it is 8-13 ATS and 11-10 straight up.
- The Hawks are the 15th-best three-point shooting team in the NBA, while the Lakers give up the fourth-fewest makes from deep.
Lakers vs Hawks Stat Rankings
|Lakers Rank||Lakers AVG||Hawks AVG||Hawks Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from